• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rmv - New Driving License Process

Sha7

Question

Heard that there is a new process of issuing driving licenses at RMV with the introduction of new DL. :angry-smiley-024:

Anyone aware of this? Please let me know how to get a new DL or upgrade DL in new process? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

lol, when I finally got mine (in like '99, although I'd been driving since 14), I went through an instructor company (lerners) which is easier. All I had to do was go in, tell them I know how to drive and they said okay and told me to come on a date and "everything will be ready" ... they put us all in a Liteace and with the "RMV dude" basically each person drove around in circles for a while and then we had to go "stand under that tree over there" until our Lerner guy, "spoke" to the "RMV dude" ... ofcourse, that didn't happen 'cos it was SL ofcourse. Don't know how it is now.

lol, when I finally got mine (in like '99, although I'd been driving since 14), I went through an instructor company (lerners) which is easier. All I had to do was go in, tell them I know how to drive and they said okay and told me to come on a date and "everything will be ready" ... they put us all in a Liteace and with the "RMV dude" basically each person drove around in circles for a while and then we had to go "stand under that tree over there" until our Lerner guy, "spoke" to the "RMV dude" ... ofcourse, that didn't happen 'cos it was SL ofcourse. Don't know how it is now.

Yah, that was earlier! :jumping-smiley-013:

Now there is a total different process.

As I heard Learners people cannot submit applications now. Candidate should go and do all stuff by himself.

And then after a week have to sit for the written exam. Then ride 3 months with L board and go for Practical exam.

This is what I heard, But have to confirm.

Yah, that was earlier! :jumping-smiley-013:

Now there is a total different process.

As I heard Learners people cannot submit applications now. Candidate should go and do all stuff by himself.

And then after a week have to sit for the written exam. Then ride 3 months with L board and go for Practical exam.

This is what I heard, But have to confirm.

Thanks god! Atleast it'll "try" to improve drivers there. Although I do remember now that I did go and take the exam first.