• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi 4dr5 J44 Hand Brake Problem...

Nishan.dj

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi

Is it possible to fix 4DR5 J44 handbrake or is it required to replace all the parts with new ones? If you know the costing & places that can buy those please post it as well. Thanks in advance.

Nishan

depends on the level of repair, what needs to be fixed? It consists of hand brake lever cable and drum in the drive shaft and the brake liners. Would need to check what parts does exist and does not. Usually cables liners you can buy brand new without any issue. But hand brake lever you will have to check with brakers

depends on the level of repair, what needs to be fixed? It consists of hand brake lever cable and drum in the drive shaft and the brake liners. Would need to check what parts does exist and does not. Usually cables liners you can buy brand new without any issue. But hand brake lever you will have to check with brakers

Hi Harshan Senadhira

Thank you very much for the reply. I think it is the hand brake lever cable.

Hi Harshan Senadhira

Thank you very much for the reply. I think it is the hand brake lever cable.

Harshan

I replaced the cable but the problem still exists... which is in the Hand Brake shoe... So I tried Willys Trading @ panchikawatta.. they also have no original ones.. so if u have an idea please post.. thanks you indeed..

Harshan

I replaced the cable but the problem still exists... which is in the Hand Brake shoe... So I tried Willys Trading @ panchikawatta.. they also have no original ones.. so if u have an idea please post.. thanks you indeed..

If the problem exists with the break liners. u can fix new liners by pasting or by rivat nails. also jeep parts are available at New wasantha mortors @ panchigawattha.

If u need any recondition parts may be I can help u..

Edited by Randika

If the problem exists with the break liners. u can fix new liners by pasting or by rivat nails. also jeep parts are available at New wasantha mortors @ panchigawattha.

as randika very correctly said you can repair fix this with replaceable brake shoes provided that you find an exact match. Or else try to adjust the shoe clearance.

Thanks indeed Randika & harshansenadhir.

Edited by Nishan.dj