• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Emission Testing..

Fiat

Hi Guys!

Anyone have an idea what is the accepted levels of emission these guys look for? I am asking for Petrol vehicles.. Is there a range for older cars like the early 80's and one range for later versions? or is it one level for all models accept the early 70's...

Anyone have an idea on this? I have heard that some places they swop readings to get money! Any victims so far???

Also I like to know what's the easiest way to tune a JAP carb to have water driping from tha tail pipe??? B'cos I sure would like to have see it from my car's tail pipe! One more thing, does the use of CARBCLEANER really working for a carb??

Thanks in advance to all who'd take the time to reply!

Happy Motoring!

Edited by Fiat

Hi Guys!

Anyone have an idea what is the accepted levels of emission these guys look for? I am asking for Petrol vehicles.. Is there a range for older cars like the early 80's and one range for later versions? or is it one level for all models accept the early 70's...

Anyone have an idea on this? I have heard that some places they swop readings to get money! Any victims so far???

Also I like to know what's the easiest way to tune a JAP carb to have water driping from tha tail pipe??? B'cos I sure would like to have see it from my car's tail pipe! One more thing, does the use of CARBCLEANER really working for a carb??

Happy Motoring!

there are two threads if i'm not wrong on emissions stuff and i'm sure the answers are there. use the forum search and you might find it.

i'm not sure about swapping readings cos you can see the reading for yourself as the test is performed on your vehicle.

best way to get water dripping from the pipe is maybe to put some water into it before starting the car :P

to have your motor tuned perfectly so that most of it's exhausts contains water and CO2 takes a lotta work..

you gotta have the carb tuned really well so it's not either running rich or lean... for that you'd need to have good sparkplugs, clean filters, good ignition system etc...

carbcleaners are generally used to clean gunk off carb internals... and they do work for that purpose...

good luck! :)

Hi Guys!

Happy Motoring!

http://www.laugfs.lk/ecosri/standards.htm