• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ban On Tints On Front Windows

fuzzo

just wanted to give you guys a headsup..aparently the law regarding tints have been changed to no tint allowed on front windows

my friends got nabbed yesterday at dehiwela bridge. his car has the lightest tint on his front windows.

THe police took his liscence and there was a guy from the RMV... this guy took his revenue liscence. He had to get the tint removed, go to the cops, collect the liscence. then go to rmv, show the car and get his revenue lisc. back

no fine involved. so be careful.

just wanted to give you guys a headsup..aparently the law regarding tints have been changed to no tint allowed on front windows

my friends got nabbed yesterday at dehiwela bridge. his car has the lightest tint on his front windows.

THe police took his liscence and there was a guy from the RMV... this guy took his revenue liscence. He had to get the tint removed, go to the cops, collect the liscence. then go to rmv, show the car and get his revenue lisc. back

ya i saw a City traffic cop bust a guy for tinted glasses in front of pilawoos yesterday int he afternoon.. i had gone to get my lunch, the cop seemd freindly...he took the DL of the driver and sent him.. no fine...probably told him to come back with the tint removed..

oh sad sene, last mont i got a free 100RS ticket for ignoring red light,, close to Dehiwela bridge......... :D

What about factory tints?? For eg. the nissan 'uv-cuts'.. Anyway was this law anyway in effect under emergency regulations??

machan thats called 'illang kanawa'. hope it was in the middle of the night

true machan ,, time is around 2.00 pm... there is a color light end of our rd, bt still its not working properly ( testing ) ,, so we used to ignore that light.... but wut happend to me i try to do the same in anoter place......And another bad sene happend in kalutara, only few ppl know it.... he he :D

machan thats called 'illang kanawa'. hope it was in the middle of the night

There are no Red lights in the middle of the night, (is there any? I've never seen..) you will only see flashing Amber after 10PM machan... :D

(after 9PM in some places)

What about factory tints?? For eg. the nissan 'uv-cuts'.. Anyway was this law anyway in effect under emergency regulations??

yeah the law was always there but not enforced properly. now they want NO tint in front... this doesn't apply to factory tints. just the aftermarket (removable) ones...

There are no Red lights in the middle of the night, (is there any? I've never seen..) you will only see flashing Amber after 10PM machan... :D

aaaaahh yes yes forgot.

BUT there are in few key places isn't it? i remember lights working around midnight in the bamba junction (one near the MC)

There are no Red lights in the middle of the night, (is there any? I've never seen..) you will only see flashing Amber after 10PM machan... :)

beleive me there are pleanty of red lights int eh middle of the night...

i once got flagged down for running a red light at midnight near Vijaya Kumarathunga Mw (baseline Rd)... i STOPPED and waited a while.. no vehicles so ran it.. then didnt go 200 yards got flagged down.. didnt see the cops before i ran it.. if i did i wouldnt have...

beleive me there are pleanty of red lights int eh middle of the night...

i once got flagged down for running a red light at midnight near Vijaya Kumarathunga Mw (baseline Rd)... i STOPPED and waited a while.. no vehicles so ran it.. then didnt go 200 yards got flagged down.. didnt see the cops before i ran it.. if i did i wouldnt have...

Kind of stupid isn't it? Stopping at a red light at midnight at a junction, and proceeding on green, just to avoid some moron who ran HIS red light and nearly rams you

I've also got pulled over for "running" a green light at noon near horton place. Funny thing the cop car which pulled me over was the one that ran the red light from my right. Argument with a carload of cops, but I got away in the end by pretending to try and call a higherup

oh sad sene, last mont i got a free 100RS ticket for ignoring red light,, close to Dehiwela bridge......... :violent-smiley-030:

You ignored a red light ????????...... your fine should have been 10,000.00 not 100.00... Do u know how many accidents are caused by blithering Idiots who Ignore redlights...... Shame on you......You being a regular at a automotive forum.......

I know its off the topic.... but I had to say it even if the mods decide to take it off....

Be Fast but be Safe......Careless Driving cost lives......

You ignored a red light ????????...... your fine should have been 10,000.00 not 100.00... Do u know how many accidents are caused by blithering Idiots who Ignore redlights...... Shame on you......You being a regular at a automotive forum.......

I know its off the topic.... but I had to say it even if the mods decide to take it off....

harshly said but absolutely agreeable cos it happend to me...a motorbike ran a red n smashd my front...i ended paying for his repair n mine cos the cops were biased n since it was my first major accident i was afraid to fight for wats right cos the cops always favour the vulnerable f**kwit in an accident...i sure dont approve of ppl jumpin lights cos its not like they do it slowly!

yeah yeah i know that. :violent-smiley-099: ... i wont do it agian... :D

Ive seen some cars with 99% tints all around the car. Some car have a 99% tint halfway across the window and the rest normal. Some ppl even have a sqaure and around it tinted glass in the front. I have no idea what the point is with it. Will slight 20% tints be allowed?

Ive seen some cars with 99% tints all around the car. Some car have a 99% tint halfway across the window and the rest normal. Some ppl even have a sqaure and around it tinted glass in the front. I have no idea what the point is with it. Will slight 20% tints be allowed?

guys, how is the percentage calculated on a tint....

if you ask me, in plain english 0% tint would be transparent glass.... 100% tint would mean no light travels through it....

i remember once a freind had a problem cos his recon Jap car came withtinted glasses.. and RMV said they wanted police report saying ti was less than 70 tint.. i dont know what that meant cos it was something that i'd seen on the road a lot... kinda common on recon jap cars...