• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mechanical Issues With My Corolla 121

rangerover

Guys,

I bought a toyota corolla 121 few days back and when i drive it on bumpy roads etc, i hear a slight rattling noise (like metal rattling) Could it be the some bush attached to the shocks? because i have no noise when turning the steering hence ruled out the steering rack bush. But hey, im no expert :rolleyes: .

How much would it cost to replace the correct bushes and where can i get it done?

Also when i turn my steering with the radio off and when its silent, i can hear a slight winding sound from it :unsure: . Any idea what the issue might be? could it be the Power steering fluid or any this serious?

Some expert feedback is needed for the two issues with estimates on how much it would cost based on any recent experience

Thanks

rattling could be the exhaust. There could be a hanger or a shield loose or rusted off.

Whining noise could be the power steering pump. Check the level and fill to the line with recommended fluid if low. A slight noise is normal, but really annoying loud can be a bad pump.

Guys,

I bought a toyota corolla 121 few days back and when i drive it on bumpy roads etc, i hear a slight rattling noise (like metal rattling) Could it be the some bush attached to the shocks? because i have no noise when turning the steering hence ruled out the steering rack bush. But hey, im no expert :rolleyes: .

How much would it cost to replace the correct bushes and where can i get it done?

Also when i turn my steering with the radio off and when its silent, i can hear a slight winding sound from it :unsure: . Any idea what the issue might be? could it be the Power steering fluid or any this serious?

Some expert feedback is needed for the two issues with estimates on how much it would cost based on any recent experience

Thanks

The rattling noise might be Exhaust brackets (The muffler might be hitting the body).The slight sound is normal from the P/s pump.But check the Fluid level cause if ii has gone down it also causes a creak.Also check the Power steering belt.

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Hi,

Its not easy to explain rattling noises without hearing.As you mentioned if thats a " slight rattling noise " best thing is to visit a good garage and get machine hoisted up and check all mounts, bushes etc.Sure you'll find the source.You dont need a Toyota "expert" for that.Go to a place with a hoist.

MINIACE