• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Filter

tharindu6

Guys does any one know where the petrol filter is located on a toyota carina At170 car.. Engine is 5AFE.. and how it looks like ? :unsure: is there a way I can check the quality of the filter ...

Thanks in advance

it should be closer to the airbox and below it... it's got pipes going into it coming from the tank and pipes coming out of it going towards the injectors....

it's sort of a longer cylindrical thing and most of the time black in color...

no too sure if you can check it's interior condition though cos usually it's not cleaned but replaced...

Guys does any one know where the petrol filter is located on a toyota carina At170 car.. Engine is 5AFE.. and how it looks like ? :unsure: is there a way I can check the quality of the filter ...

Thanks in advance

see this picture. if you have not change your fuel filter for about 3-5 years better you change it. try to put Toyota Genuine filter because the filter will depend on the petrol pressure. if petrol pressure law you will get bad pickup and bad fuel mileage. filter price may be close to 10,000/=

ahg7612.th.jpg

see this picture. if you have not change your fuel filter for about 3-5 years better you change it. try to put Toyota Genuine filter because the filter will depend on the petrol pressure. if petrol pressure law you will get bad pickup and bad fuel mileage. filter price may be close to 10,000/=

ahg7612.th.jpg

dont get me wrong... i aint representing toyotalanka in any way... but according to them, not using oem oil filters/air filters are ok but they highly recommend using oem/genuine fuel filters..

ahg7612.th.jpg

i am sorry i have done little mistake. not the filter will depend on the petrol pressure. petrol pressure will depend on the petrol filter.