• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cvt Gear Box Problem

Duminda_CR

Guys i bought 1999 honda civic ek3 vi car which is English number plated recently. after few days i recovered thers is a small oil leak from the engine and there are several oil patches on the floor of my garage.

my technician said that thers a small leak from the oil seal of gear box and replacing the oil seal might take 2days and it will solve my headache.

can any one tell me will it solve this oil leak? and is it affect to the gear box performance? coz i can feel that the car is take small delay to pickup.

Guys i bought 1999 honda civic ek3 vi car which is English number plated recently. after few days i recovered thers is a small oil leak from the engine and there are several oil patches on the floor of my garage.

my technician said that thers a small leak from the oil seal of gear box and replacing the oil seal might take 2days and it will solve my headache.

can any one tell me will it solve this oil leak? and is it affect to the gear box performance? coz i can feel that the car is take small delay to pickup.

make sure your technician knows his stuff well and esp hondas. This oil seal he was referring to, would most probably be a shaft seal one resides at engine side of the gearbox. You can do an oil change with the repair so that if the pulling power issue is due to viscocity drop of gear box oil, it'll be sorted out.

Honda CVT gear box issues are critical. You have to look after like a baby also make sure the oil change is done in evry 20000 km with HONDA CVT gear box oil. Oil is available at the agent and Tech motors.

Still you have problems with pulling or gear changing you may go to the Agent or Upul at Malabe.Upul's contact no is 0777735251.

make sure you deal with a mech who knows about CVT. and a normal mech can easily mess up the things. go to agents or Upul and dignose waht exactly the problem is. have you changed the gear oil recently ? if not chnaging gear oil would sort the pulling power issue most probably.

make sure you deal with a mech who knows about CVT. and a normal mech can easily mess up the things. go to agents or Upul and dignose waht exactly the problem is. have you changed the gear oil recently ? if not chnaging gear oil would sort the pulling power issue most probably.

yes. the person who was owned previously told me that he changed the oil and did a ful tuneup b4 handover the car and asked me to change them after running another 15000kms. when i buy the car there was enough pulling power. by mistake of radiator fan, my car was boiled. after that i recover this pulling power prob esp with AC. it is not huge fault. car is absolutely normal now. but i feel that the power is little bit reduced.

yes. the person who was owned previously told me that he changed the oil and did a ful tuneup b4 handover the car and asked me to change them after running another 15000kms. when i buy the car there was enough pulling power. by mistake of radiator fan, my car was boiled. after that i recover this pulling power prob esp with AC. it is not huge fault. car is absolutely normal now. but i feel that the power is little bit reduced.

i think you have got a d15b vtec engine right?