• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Solution

Dear Guys....

I am new to the forum and new to the vehicle also.i like to buy a car..My budget is around 16 or 17 lacks. I like to know what is the best solution for me. It means Nissan car or Toyota Car, and i need only for home use,,Not for re- sale.

Please explain which car is best.?

HOPE YOUR KIND ATTENTION

Regards

Dhanushka

hey mate.. welcome.. think for guys here to give u a solution.. u need to explain a bit about what u are looking for in a car...

hello Charith..Thanks for Quick reply. I need a car for Family usage.. Here is my spec...

1. It should be English Number car, Manu.Year seems 1999 and above

2.I like manual transmission ...But Can u explain best transmission.?

3.Iam Considering Millage

4.iam looking for full option ...and Super saloon is best,,,,

5.Engine should be 1500

and

6. It should not be mini car like Vitz...ect...

What should be best solution. Toyota or Nissan.

and what models are best

I personally like Nissan N16, Toyota AE110 ect....

think u are on the right track with ur choices if thats what u are looking for.. manual gives u greater control and in most cases greater fuel economy but can sometimes be a pain in traffic.. but personnly i would go for a manual....

any toyota nissan experts please comment..

like you have said...i think you are very new to cars in general!!!

like charitha said...

manual gears is best for some folks but if you have to drive in heavy traffic quite a bit..and auto tranny too would be a good choice. really upto you to decide...newer autos are a lot better than the older ones and give better "pick up" compared to the old ones...

and things like CVT are also great...

when you say mileage is it the economy or the mileage of the car???

the latter is quite tough in SL to judge cos folks can easily mess with the meter...even digital ones...

if its fuel economy....most 1500cc sedans would give you between 8kmpl to 10kmpl in city driving and 12 and a little over in open roads without too much of traffic...

super saloon isn't the only spec that comes with "full option"...

if you personally prefer a nissan and a super saloon at that... it's a good car and there's no issues with it...

each car has it's benefits and "perceived benefits"...and the toughest thing is to find a specimen that hasn't been molested and un cared for...

as far as i've heard...N16 is a tad bit tough to sell when compared to the AE110 and even the FB15...

between the toyotas and nissans... toyotas are supposed to be the easiest to sell...

like you have said...i think you are very new to cars in general!!!

like charitha said...

manual gears is best for some folks but if you have to drive in heavy traffic quite a bit..and auto tranny too would be a good choice. really upto you to decide...newer autos are a lot better than the older ones and give better "pick up" compared to the old ones...

and things like CVT are also great...

when you say mileage is it the economy or the mileage of the car???

the latter is quite tough in SL to judge cos folks can easily mess with the meter...even digital ones...

if its fuel economy....most 1500cc sedans would give you between 8kmpl to 10kmpl in city driving and 12 and a little over in open roads without too much of traffic...

super saloon isn't the only spec that comes with "full option"...

if you personally prefer a nissan and a super saloon at that... it's a good car and there's no issues with it...

each car has it's benefits and "perceived benefits"...and the toughest thing is to find a specimen that hasn't been molested and un cared for...

as far as i've heard...N16 is a tad bit tough to sell when compared to the AE110 and even the FB15...

between the toyotas and nissans... toyotas are supposed to be the easiest to sell...

Thanks for reply....what i mean mileage is total meter reading...It also important.....I hope to go on Nissan FB 15. So what about market price on it and what are the known issues on that. Specially Technical , Market and fuel consumtion....

please reply on it

Edited by Dhanushkagunasinghe

Thanks for reply....what i mean mileage is total meter reading...It also important.....I hope to go on Nissan FB 15. So what about market price on it and what are the known issues on that. Specially Technical , Market and fuel consumtion....

please reply on it

I'm not an expert for Nissan. But will share few ideas. :angry-smiley-048:

Market price should be around 1500K - 1600K. fuel consumption should be 9 - 11Kms in city limits (manual transmission).

Edited by Prami

please reply on it

mileage is tough to judge mate... folks can easily clock it back...

best is to get an expert to go through the car properly and make a call rather than depending on mileage...

so this "total meter reading" can be faked and is not a good enough indicator...

I think you can get one from 15+... the price varies on the specific trim...say the V*P model supposed to fetch a higher price over some of the others...

and condition of paint and body, tires, stereo all makes little differences here and there... I aint no expert on this model so best to get some more info from folks who have first hand info with the car...

From what i've heard....some of the earlier fb15's were plagues with sensor issues but the latter models haven't inherited them as nissan had fixed the issues...

A friend at work who had a FB15 manual V*P model claimed that he was getting 10-11 in city driving with AC and 12 and a bit more in open roads..

but then again...fuel economy depends a lot on the condition of the vehicle, how it's maintained and most importantly how it's driven :)

As far as the market goes... i think it's fair to say that nissans, toyotas and hondas are seen as the best car brands by majority of the people... so all three brands enjoy a good re-sale value... Dont want to start a brand war here but IMHO.. i think this is the case!

My personal exp with FB15 auto is not very impressive .

ditto that... i too have had a similar experience but i sorta attributed it to the specific car...not too sure if it's the same across the board...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=16358

Look @ this and i thing this valuable ?

seller had said price negotiable... and you can't really make a call without seeing, driving the car!

if you like the car and willing to pay cash...it's a lot easier to knock down the price a bit....