• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gas Conversion And Ignition Timinig Advance

ANUSH

Question

Hi guys,

Does any of you have an idea on Gas conversion.I have already converted my Toyota Tercel (carb model) to run on lpg (by myself using reconditioned BRC kit).I have run 2 previous cars (toyota dx wagon & mitsubishi asp model) for about 200,000km but never had any problem.

but i just want to know whether it is possible to advance the ignition timing since the octane of LPG is around 100.Even the Laufs people do not have an idea.

Thnx.

1 answer to this question

I had a Daihatsu Cuore car and was converted to LPG by L*ughfs (10 years back though) and if my memory serves correct, they advanced the ignition claiming the same reason you pointed out. I did the job at Galle L*ughfs Center and the person who did the job is not there anymore. Any technician who has reasonable knowledge should be able to do it.