• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mark Ii Front Shockabsober Problem

Malaka2

Question

my mark 2 (1999) front left side shock make noises when after every service even normal body wash. after a day or half noise disapper and when going on bumpier roads it make 'dug' 'dug' sound. what could be the problem. should i change the shock. im so happy if anyone give some advice

6 answers to this question

my mark 2 (1999) front left side shock make noises when after every service even normal body wash. after a day or half noise disapper and when going on bumpier roads it make 'dug' 'dug' sound. what could be the problem. should i change the shock. im so happy if anyone give some advice

usually the "dug dug" noise is caused when the shock doesn't have the ability to absorb the energy when the wheel goes into a over a rut/pot hole etc...

once the inside seals of the shock are worn it would leak oil and loose it's ability to do it's job so my guess is that you would need a new shock...

best is to get it checked from a suspension place and see if everything else too is in proper shape.

I doubt the servicing has a direct relation to you shock issue...

if at all...water getting into suspension parts must be making contributing to the sound that will anyway go away once things dry off...

Any place around colombo where a manual shock test can be done? Does Nal*aka tyre house do manual suspension checking?

Like Tikiri said, most often than not, that sound is a broken mount or a rubber. take it to a a known garage and get them to check it and see.