• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Have Been Using The Wrong Alternator Belt

tharindu6

Hey guys went to the garage to change the cars alternator belt ( fan belt :unsure: ) since it was kinda worn out.. the dude at the grage told me that i have been using the car with the wrong belt, let me elaborate ...

Engine is 5AFE so the correct belt should be 5PK900 but i have been using the 4PK900 belt.. ( well for me the only visual diffrence was the 5PK had 5 grooves where the 4PK had 4 grooves..)

My questions is buy using the incorrect belt is there a possibility that I have done a huge damage to my engine :unsure:

thanks in advance

Hey guys went to the garage to change the cars alternator belt ( fan belt :unsure: ) since it was kinda worn out.. the dude at the grage told me that i have been using the car with the wrong belt, let me elaborate ...

Engine is 5AFE so the correct belt should be 5PK900 but i have been using the 4PK900 belt.. ( well for me the only visual diffrence was the 5PK had 5 grooves where the 4PK had 4 grooves..)

My questions is buy using the incorrect belt is there a possibility that I have done a huge damage to my engine :unsure:

thanks in advance

Nope... I ran 5K instead of 6K for the longest time.

thanks in advance

except for the uneven wear out of the grooves used by 4k belt leaving one groove of the pulleys, i don't see a major issue. Also this uneven wear out is negligeable