• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Many Db 9's Are There In Sri Lanka

fatjoe

Hy guys,

I saw a ( I think) DB 9 ( Pink and baige mix in Colour) which came out of Royal Park in Rajagiriya which I haven't seen earlier. May be this was an old one which I din see earlier. There was a WRX in full blast on Caslte Street when this DB came out. He was trying to catch the Aston Martin but Aston just flew without making a noise.

Hy guys,

I saw a ( I think) DB 9 ( Pink and baige mix in Colour) which came out of Royal Park in Rajagiriya which I haven't seen earlier. May be this was an old one which I din see earlier. There was a WRX in full blast on Caslte Street when this DB came out. He was trying to catch the Aston Martin but Aston just flew without making a noise.

Yes, the beigeish db9 does live in royal park... its the car that gets seen around colombos nightspots pretty often.

What is your point?

earlier there was only one DB9 to my knowledge and that was a silver one... owned by the christi garment folks later supposedly auctioned by hsbc after the owner's company going bankrupt!

That car was kept at Royal Park when it was owned by it's first owner!

earlier there was only one DB9 to my knowledge and that was a silver one... owned by the christi garment folks later supposedly auctioned by hsbc after the owner's company going bankrupt!

saw one with a KG plate last week on darley road

Yes, the beigeish db9 does live in royal park... its the car that gets seen around colombos nightspots pretty often.

What is your point?

Hey Supra, I dont have a point to prove. Just wanted to know how many of them are there in SL. And no offence to Subarus, DB 9 just kicked his ass wihtout a noise.

So seems like Royal Park is da place for Aston Matins eh? lol

Hey Supra, I dont have a point to prove. Just wanted to know how many of them are there in SL. And no offence to Subarus, DB 9 just kicked his ass wihtout a noise.

Guess that's what you call "all shit no fart."

So seems like Royal Park is da place for Aston Matins eh? lol

You would have to be royalty to afford one in SL anyway.

Same car. Its doing rounds these days. I got up close and examined it while it was parked at the Museum at Galle Face Hotel. It was never silver, it was always that beige sorta color. Seems to have become a daily driver now or summing :)

Oh gosh...again this topic <_<<_<

There's only one Aston Martin, the link leads to some pics I took few months back:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...74&hl=aston

To clarify the "Silver" Aston Martin rumor, most of the guys mistake it to the Jaguar XK, again can be seen on this link:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...95&hl=aston

I think it was established that it never existed and was just a lot of innuendo regarding the other car and a similar car in the UK.

was it just me or didn't that story quite add up. how on earth can someone mix up a car in SL with a car half way across the world simply because the owners first names were the same????? plus was it simply coincident that the UK owners name came to the lime light right at that time???

was it just me or didn't that story quite add up. how on earth can someone mix up a car in SL with a car half way across the world simply because the owners first names were the same????? plus was it simply coincident that the UK owners name came to the lime light right at that time???

Well since nobody has ever seen the mythical second DB9 and since this story was originally carried in the Sunday Leader, I think it's fair to say that its true.

Correction. Lots of ppl claim to have seen this second DB9. Personally, I just don't trust them until I see it myself. Lots of ppl also claim to have seen a Countach, which turns out to be a Lotus Espirit.

BTW, speaking of Aston, there are a bunch of Maisto 1930s Aston 1:24 models at the Hyde Park Arpico. I was severely tempted. There are also three 1:18 Murci LP640s at nearly 6k each!

BTW, speaking of Aston, there are a bunch of Maisto 1930s Aston 1:24 models at the Hyde Park Arpico. I was severely tempted. There are also three 1:18 Murci LP640s at nearly 6k each!

I'm going to Arpico!! :lol: 6K is not bad mate, considering the model shop in Odel said they'd charge about 30K to get me some Impreza models. <_<

Edited by virensti

I'm going to Arpico!! :lol: 6K is not bad mate, considering the model shop in Odel said they'd charge about 30K to get me some Impreza models. <_<

Its not bad, but Masito is pretty low on the chain with regards to workmanship. Tho these were SE models so it might be better than normal.

I'm not fan of the royal family, but I have it from classmates of the princes that the taxpayer car doesn't exist. I was also made aware of what cars they do have, and while surprising, it's nothing you would expect (in fact, probably saved the taxpayer a lot of money). If that car actually existed, it would at least have been confirmed by now, since the original story broke about 2 years ago. Nothing can hide that long in SL.

I'm not fan of the royal family, but I have it from classmates of the princes that the taxpayer car doesn't exist. I was also made aware of what cars they do have, and while surprising, it's nothing you would expect (in fact, probably saved the taxpayer a lot of money). If that car actually existed, it would at least have been confirmed by now, since the original story broke about 2 years ago. Nothing can hide that long in SL.

I agree, there is no such second DB9 as claimed. It was a fabricated story by Sunday Leader. Its just one car claimed by different people with different abilities of identifying colors.

30k?? thats absurd. You can get an Auto art WRX or an STI in 1/18 for around 14k including postage and a rally version (excluding the 1999 richard bruns version) for less than 16K including postage if you buy off ebay. Buy from a seller in hong kong as they send it via ems. 5 working days, you will have the model in your hands.