• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Docs To Check When Buying A Car ?

mudi269

Question

8 answers to this question

If i am not mistaken this has been discussed at length previously. And there is a sticky post on this topic if my memory serves me right. Anyways just to summerize

1. Registration certificate - Original (Be careful if its duplicate)

2. Revenue licence

3. Cancellation letter from the leasing company, if it was leased

4. Signed transfer papers

5. Green test (dont think you need it to transfer at RMV)

Hopefully i havent missed anything!

If i am not mistaken this has been discussed at length previously. And there is a sticky post on this topic if my memory serves me right. Anyways just to summerize

2. Revenue licence

Thanx.

How can we identify a duplicate registration certificate ?

+VIC for English numbers only

2. Revenue licence

Luxury/semi luxury tax paid receipts (if applicable)

Very Important! Or else they will make you pay principal+penalty when doing the transfer. Had an issue regards to this, they wanted 7 years of receipts. I think its 7 years for jeeps and 5 years for cars. (Correct me if im wrong) I think luxury tax is no more since the parliament managed to get rid of it since almost all ministers were reluctant to pay this tax on their jeeps. But still applies to cars above 2000CC in my opinion.

Does anyone know why people tend to be reluctant to purchase vehicles with Duplicate Title (aka Book/Potha). The only thing I could think of to have a Duplicate potha is losing it. But due to various gimmicks done by our professional car sellers in SL people usually tend to stay away from them.

Very Important! Or else they will make you pay principal+penalty when doing the transfer. Had an issue regards to this, they wanted 7 years of receipts. I think its 7 years for jeeps and 5 years for cars. (Correct me if im wrong) I think luxury tax is no more since the parliament managed to get rid of it since almost all ministers were reluctant to pay this tax on their jeeps. But still applies to cars above 2000CC in my opinion.

It is 7 years for cars as well and applies to petrol cars above 1800CC.. 50% penalty for late payments :angry-smiley-024: