• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Power Windows

Lucian

Question

Friends,

Please help, I noticed today all (except driver) power window switch lights are flashing in a sequence (flash, flash, pause...). Also I cannot control the windows from the drivers switch, however each window works by using it's own switch.

Please advice what could be wrong and how I fix it.

5 answers to this question

Friends,

Please help, I noticed today all (except driver) power window switch lights are flashing in a sequence (flash, flash, pause...). Also I cannot control the windows from the drivers switch, however each window works by using it's own switch.

Please advice what could be wrong and how I fix it.

I had the same prob in my toyota. But it sometimes works. When it works the lights dont blink. What i did was when it works i used the driver side switches and put it up and down several times. I was presuming it was because the switches werent used much. So far the passenger side and left rear shutter works from the drivers side. Only the right passenger side cant be operated from the drivers switches. All of them, similar to urs work individually. I will be servicing the motors from an auto electrical point to try and c if things correct them selves. Try doing the same

I had the same prob in my toyota. But it sometimes works. When it works the lights dont blink. What i did was when it works i used the driver side switches and put it up and down several times. I was presuming it was because the switches werent used much. So far the passenger side and left rear shutter works from the drivers side. Only the right passenger side cant be operated from the drivers switches. All of them, similar to urs work individually. I will be servicing the motors from an auto electrical point to try and c if things correct them selves. Try doing the same

Some times the switch contact points develop a small layer of carbon sorta thing.. because of that the switches go wonky try clainig them with surgicle spirit, it works some times. but be very cairful when u take the switch apart. because there are small spirings inside :mellow: u know what i mean rite ?

Edited by tharindu6

Some times the switch contact points develop a small layer of carbon sorta thing.. because of that the switches go wonky try clainig them with surgicle spirit, it works some times. but be very cairful when u take the switch apart. because there are small spirings inside :mellow: u know what i mean rite ?

True. Anyways better leave it to the professionals!

better to get it done by a professional because its difficult to assemble the switch again after removing