• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Indica With Auto Gear?

dimdim

Hi

Anyone knows whether the Indica (V2) comes in Auto??? trying to find one for about 1.1mn

TATA Indica never comes with Auto Gears.

An article in www.burnyourfuel.com says

"The automatic transmission helps in easy motoring in this ever increasing city traffic and was surely missed in the Indica.

The large body and tall gear shifts all made the city drivers turn away from the value for money and highly successful Indian car, the Indica."

http://burnyourfuel.com/2009/05/31/cars/ta...nched-in-india/

i dont quite get what the guy means by the large body and tall gearshift turning people away, cos i dont find it that much of an issue.. and 'large' is a relative term I'd say... itmaybe larger than a maruti or something like that but it isnt exactly HUGE.

As for the automatic, no it never came with one... but from some indian adverts i saw that the new indigo (the sedan of the indica) comes with an automatic transmission, so i guess it'll be just a matter of time before that dribbles down into the indica too.... but then again you'll have to buy one brand new or wait quite a long time to get 2nd hand...