• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rav 4

daram

can anyone tell me which rav 4 models are currently available in sri lanka and how much they cost? I am asking this cos my brother is coming from the UK and asked me to find out. I thought the best place for this would this forum of experts. Cheers :action-smiley-060:

all 3 models are available in SL. the latest one was jsut launched. not sure of hte price on that.

the 96 model body style go for 1.6 mil and up depending on options and registration

the next body style goes for about 3.5 mil and up

There is supposed to be a 2l diesel that doesn't come here. madmax was very interested in one some time ago, but it only goes to UK, by the look of things.

i thot madmax converted to woooosh from Honda, looks like he has converted to diesel(big time) inspired by da beemer.

BTW at what time is AL G2G i am definitely cumin this time, curse z over

There is supposed to be a 2l diesel that doesn't come here. madmax was very interested in one some time ago, but it only goes to UK, by the look of things.

i think due to high duty no one bring down diesel vehicles. all those big diesel SUVs are brought down under MP permits. a person who has one of those permits would never bring down a rav4

I tried looking at the toyota lanka website -but it seems like it hasdn't been updated for a long time. The south asia website for toyota seems to have two models 1) 2.0 VVTI 2) 2.0 D-4-D

I have been reading some reviews and the diesel seems the to the better one on torque and fuel economy .

Is this 2.0 D-4-D RAV 4 available here new or reconditioned?

the petrol versions are very low on mid torque and quite bad with the fuel

any advice on buying the petrol ones?

here are the torque figures for all the models

* (UK)Three engines are offered, one 2.0-litre VVT-i petrol with 150bhp and two 2.2-litre D-4D diesels with 134 or 175bhp. As is increasingly the case with many cars, the diesels are the ones to go for, mainly because of the extra mid-range torque (pulling power) on tap. The 134bhp 2.2-litre diesel is the pick of the trio, offering a 0-62mph time of 10.5secs and a top speed of 112mph. These figures only tell half the story though, as with 229lb-ft of torque available from 2000rpm to 2800rpm, there's enough poke to overtake dawdling traffic with ease. A high-performance 175bhp version of the 2.2-litre diesel is available only in the top-spec T180, which has 295lb-ft of torque available from 2000 to 2600rpm making for a 0-62mph time of 9.3secs and a 124mph top speed.

The 2.0-litre 150bhp petrol, fitted with the standard five-speed manual gearbox, endows the RAV4 with a 0-62mph time of 10.6secs and a top speed of 115mph. A four-speed automatic is offered, which knocks the 0-62mph time down to 12secs and the top speed to 109mph. However, with just 143lb-ft of torque available at 4000rpm, you have to work the engine hard to make the best progress. When testing the petrol engine up a long slight motorway incline, the RAV4 struggled to keep to 70mph with only two people and limited luggage onboard. With a family of five plus a bootful of luggage, it would struggle further

ENGINES/TRANSMISSIONS

1.8 VVT-i petrol (1,794cc): 92kW (123bhp) at 6,000rpm; 161Nm (119lb ft) torque at 4,000rpm.

2.0 VVT-I petrol (1,998cc): 110kW (147bhp) at 6,000rpm; 192Nm (142lb ft) torque at 4,000rpm.

2.0 D-4D diesel (1,995cc): 85kW (114bhp) at 4,000rpm; 250Nm (184lb ft) torque at 1,800 – 3,000rpm.

5-speed manual; 4-speed automatic.

2.4-litre VVTi engine, which produces 125kW of power and 224Nm of torque

2.4 litre, ur-cylinder RAV4 with variable valve timing produces166 hp at 6,000 rpm, and 165 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm.

3.5 litre, six-cylinder version with dual variable valve timing produces a whopping 269-hp at 6,200 rpm and 246 lb-ft torque at 4,700 rpm.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

actually yaa...

i read thia aritcle on AUTOCAR.. it was a comparison between DEISEL SUVs.... the rav4, the Honda CRV i-CTDi, the Kia Sportage and the hyundai Tuscun.... the issue is 8th Feb 2005.....

was kinda suprised that there was a diesel CRV....

If you are going for a Xtrail, ask Fuzzo, he's got a nice one for sale... :mellow:

Check this out in Autolanka Classifieds... :)

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=1058

i am actually looking for a vehicle for my brother, who is coming from the uk bhara. I thinks he wants a brand new SUV (think he's got around 5-6 mil) but i'll definitly show it if its still not sold when he arrives from the uk . need more details of the x trail fuzzo

i am actually looking for a vehicle for my brother, who is coming from the uk bhara. I thinks he wants a brand new SUV (think he's got around 5-6 mil) but i'll definitly show it if its still not sold when he arrives from the uk . need more details of the x trail fuzzo

ok.. When is your brother coming? Is he coming for good?

Fuzzo must still be sleeping!!! :) , must have been a long night with the drags :mellow:

ok.. When is your brother coming? Is he coming for good?

Fuzzo must still be sleeping!!! :) , must have been a long night with the drags :mellow:

next month. he is going going to stay for 2 months i think. he going to travel around sri lanka.

next month. he is going going to stay for 2 months i think. he going to travel around sri lanka.

Mmmm..so are you gonna be using the vehicle after he left right...

lucky guy, gonna get a brand new SUV after the three months.. :mellow:

if i were u daram i'd pick the X-Trail over the other cross-over SUV's i.e. RAV 4, CR-V etc...the RAV 4 is underpowered, the CRV comes from india

if u want more info let me knw

yes mate I would appreciate more info. I 've been reading some articles which say that the diesel x trail is the best one - apparently the other ones seem quite thirsty. wonder which one fuzzo has? I would like a comparison of the three with a sri lankan perspective

cheers

:mellow::)

yes mate I would appreciate more info. I 've been reading some articles which say that the diesel x trail is the best one - apparently the other ones seem quite thirsty. wonder which one fuzzo has? I would like a comparison of the three with a sri lankan perspective

cheers

:mellow::)

I don't think u'll be able to find a diesel easily. Fuzzo's is petrol.

I don't think u'll be able to find a diesel easily. Fuzzo's is petrol.

i don't think there are any diesels in SL. shaq which CRV comes from india? is it the brand new one??? does that mean its cheaper than the jap version?

i don't think there are any diesels in SL. shaq which CRV comes from india? is it the brand new one??? does that mean its cheaper than the jap version?

there r a handful of diesels run by NGO's...i heard the brand new CRV comes frm india...wudnt surprise me...not 100% sure machan

wish there were diesels in SL . I think for an SUV its has to be a diesel. reading reviews from the UK its seems they have the best torque figure and economy.

the latest RAV 4 s in the UK seem very good especially the t180 with 175 bhp an d229lb-ft torque

there r a handful of diesels run by NGO's...i heard the brand new CRV comes frm india...wudnt surprise me...not 100% sure machan

NGO's... must have broguht down under tsunami permits. any ideas about the price of the CRV?????????