• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rough Idle When Warms Up And Poor Acceleration

rangerover

Guys,

I recently bought a Toyota Corolla 110 (L) grade as favour to a friend who urgently wanted to sell it off, and who was living abroad. This meant that the car was idle most of the time. 30,000 KM for a year 2000 registered. The exterior and interior are in stunning condition. I did a trottle body clean and machine injector cleaning together with the following over the last week.

1. Air filter

2. Oil filter

3. Fuel filter (not the fuel pump which is part of the assembly)

4. Engine flush

5. Spark plugs changed

However the car still has a rough idle when on D at a stop light. This is only felt when the engine warms up (not when started in the morning). I feel the vibration on the seats, and slightly on the steering. It is not a heavy vibration, but when u touch the front passenger seat u feel the vibration. I got the engine mounts checked, they were in good condition, ATF is in good condition. It idles around 950.

Also when i open the bonnet and suddenly accelerate using the mechanism closed to the TB (not sure of the name) i get a suddent hiss. Is it normal?

Please advice me on what to do? As a next step i thought of getting a manual tune up done and get the following checked

1. MAF and sensors

2. Trottle sensors

3. PCV

4. EGR

5. Vaccum leak

6. Manual clean up of injectors

Anything else i should do? and a recommended place for a MANUAL tune up of toyota engined except for TL?

Edited by rangerover