• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Trend 2nd Generation

ThilakR

First of all I have to admit that I have never driven nor been in a Micro Trend.

However following are my observations (as usual :D )

The Micro new Trend is only a face-lift and now it comes with an optional 5 speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) according to their website.

This AMT thing is similar to that found in Chery QQ and Proton Savvy.

It is well known that Micro Trend is actually a Hafei Lobo (Hafei Brio in Russia) imported here as Completely-Knocked-Down (CKD) units and assembled in a MicroCars' Plant.

[When first launched here in 2004-05, the media made much hype about this car as if it was a grounds-up project by Micro.

(There was a similar media hype for the Micro Double Decker) Only Micro Privilege and to-be-launched Micro New Privilege can be called as grounds-up projects (truly-Sri Lankan cars) by Micro.]

CKD route results in Tax Concessions which in turn results in a much lower price than a Completely-Built-Up (CBU) unit.

My opinion is that, while Micro Trend have many shortcomings it offers excellent value-for-money at its Rs.1.5-1.8 M price tag.

In their website MicroCars promises an excellent after sales service but I doubt whether they are able to deliver it.

Finally I must say that there are so many better options to Micro Trend in the used-car market.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting road tests of Hafei Lobo from

South Africa - http://www.carmag.co.za/article/hafei-lobo...xury-2008-07-08

Singapore - http://www.oneshift.com/articles/article.php?artid=409 (Assembled? in Malaysia and re-badged Naza Sutera)

Edited by samishka

Thanks friends.

They quoted me a price tag of Rs.16.92k. I thought it would be a better car by looking at the picture and the specifications. Since I have no experience about Micro I just collect some comments.

BTW there is a rumour is going on regarding change of present crazy tax policy of importing vehicles. If it is true better to wait a little. At least until Jan 26th LOL. :lol:

Best regards

Thilak