• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti Sound From Gear

mudi269

Question

Hi,

There is a sound coming from my car's(Maruti 800, 2005) gear lever. I went underneath and found that gear lever is resting on the silencer and that's why sound comes.

When i asked from a garage person, he told some bush is there to hold the gear to the body and that bush has damaged and that's why it is resting on the silencer. Is it true ?

Does anybody have any idea about how much will it cost ?

1 answer to this question

Hi,

There is a sound coming from my car's(Maruti 800, 2005) gear lever. I went underneath and found that gear lever is resting on the silencer and that's why sound comes.

When i asked from a garage person, he told some bush is there to hold the gear to the body and that bush has damaged and that's why it is resting on the silencer. Is it true ?

Does anybody have any idea about how much will it cost ?

yep...depending on the way how the shifter is setup in your car it is quite possible...

no idea about costs to repair it but i doubt it will be expensive..

just a matter of getting new bushes in and the labor cost to get it done...