• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Green Test

Sumiya

Question

Hi Guys

Just any one has got detail article on Green Test , please post me a way to read it

I have few confusion on that , few of them are

A green test certificate taken from one region will be valid for any other region ?

Ex:- From colombo to kandy

There is an exemption saying that vehicle beyond 1975 do not need it ? is it from the date of manufacture or date of

first registration ?

Thanks

Regards

sumith

8 answers to this question

Hi Guys

(yep. cars older than 25 years are exempted.. our 1969 4dr5 was..)

I heard a different story regarding this, that was the vehicles before 1975 (as usual in other countries also), doesn't need it, it i am confusing that are they considering Date of Manufactures or date of first registration ? I got Old sunny D of Manu is 1974 and First Registration is 1980, but still Kandy they refused to give the RL without emission test, even they consider 25 yrs i could get it from 1980 to 2009 is almost 29 yrs

Thanks

Regards

sumith

Hi Guys

(yep. cars older than 25 years are exempted.. our 1969 4dr5 was..)

I heard a different story regarding this, that was the vehicles before 1975 (as usual in other countries also), doesn't need it, it i am confusing that are they considering Date of Manufactures or date of first registration ? I got Old sunny D of Manu is 1974 and First Registration is 1980, but still Kandy they refused to give the RL without emission test, even they consider 25 yrs i could get it from 1980 to 2009 is almost 29 yrs

Thanks

Regards

sumith

Well, i've got the revenue license for our 1969 jeep twice since the emissions law came in... the very first time i didnt know about it and went for the emissions test where the guys there turned me away saying it wasnt necessary... and both times at no questions asked when it came to getting the Rev. License...

Hi Dilesh

is 1969 Date Of Manufacturing or date of First registration are you referring ?

or else The idiot at the AG office doesn't know about it

Thanks

regards

sumith

Its the year of manufacture. And the vehicle as my father says is one from the batch that was assembled in Sri Lanka. In which case I'd think the YOM and the year of reg cant be that far apart...

I went to the Laughs Emissions test centre in Koswatta, and its them who said that the test was unnecessary. And since ours is a 28Sri (registered as a truck) even the guy issuing the fitness test said the Emissions test wasnt necessary. And down at the Dehiwala Div. Sec they didnt even ask for the emissions test.

Why dont you call up the RMV or your local Div.Sec and clarify it. Talk to someone higher up the chain of administration than someone at the front-office.