• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Does The Cefiro Have Such A Low Second Hand Value

Chris0628

yooooo hoooooo.... pradfed...... yooo hooooo.... !!

yeah yeah.

Sorry did not log in....

Ok here goes.

I have a Cefiro. I love it. Its a Fantastic car.

The post by Peri is absolutely right. Sri Lankans love to listen to others , and even though they might (in their hearts know ) its not really true, perpetuate the myth.

Its a great , super comfy top of the line Car.

Fuel : With AC on 100% of the time and in Colombo Traffic, I get 7.5 KMPL. On a recent trip to Kalpitiya I got 11.5 - 11.8 KMPL.

Now my Mazda does 8 KMPL so in my opinion the Cefiro (My Maroon one has the NEO Engine) is a better bet.

Spares are relative, I suppose as with any Top of the Line car. But I have found no issues with mine so far other than regular services and Auto trans oil Change.

The First and last thing we Sri lankans love to talk about is Fuel Consumption- I (and a few enlightened souls on AL) do not.

If a Corolla with a 1.5 Litre does 10 - 11 and a Large car with a 2.0 litre does 7, I think I will take the Luxo barge.

I had even posted a calculation on the monthly fuel some time ago.....

So my advice is to buy a well looked after and loved car ( mine had only done 43K when I got it ) , check history and condition and go for it.

Its a car which will not let you down.

Perception be damned. :rolleyes:

Actually the agents too have to take a share of the blame for the poor perception of not only the Cefiro but also for certain other Nissan models as well. The way they rip people off is ridiculous..

Yeah, and the many owners of Cefiros really treat them badly. My garage was once stripping a V6 of Cefiro that was so full of gunk. The owner has poured in almost every available additive in the market and all the oil passages have clogged up. It was disgusting. I have seen less grease in old TATA diesel engines. It was done to 'improve' fuel consumption it seems. Actually what even A*W recommends is the standard SAE 40 for these V6s with 3 month or 4000km change intervals. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sad, many people buy these lovely cars mainly to impress their neighbours and end up ruining them becasue they want to cut corners in their maintenance.

Like Prad says, buy a Cefiro if it has a decent record of its maintenance, used by someone who seem to know what its all about and if you end up with one, do not cut corners.

And no, please don't add Soltrol, Voltron or any -trons to your crank or your fuel tank. None of these work! Just standard oil and fuel will do, thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...