• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Ae110 1995..is It A Good Car???

riddle

GUYS...im in a hurry///

my budget is 1.2mill and planning to buy a family car which would give comfort and a good fuel consumption reading...

i was planning to buy a toyota trecel(1997,manual) for 1.25mill and then i cam across a toyota corolla ae110(1995,301- reg in 1999,auto) for 1.3 mill(nego)

i feel much intressted to buy the corolla for its high resale and a lota plus points(according to sl)..

if im buying a corolla i can go up to 1.3 mill..

but the 1997 110 crolla is going for 1.4-1.6mill(301-)...now im confused....coz a completely new model goes for a simmilar price range...

so what do guys think?is it worth buying the 95 110 for ~1.3mill???

thanks in advance guys///

First of all I should tell one thing about your Toyota Tercel choice. Don't ever buy a Tercel, if you are serious about 2nd hand market (re-sale value). Also you couldn't compare a Tercel to Corolla. Tercel & Soluna are two models that Toyota failed on automotive market (lowest ever sales from cars - Tercel). But on other hand, Corolla is still a major competitive model to many other manufacturers. Anyway it is wise to buy a Corolla rather than buying a Tercel by all means. You can buy a good Corolla (1996-1997 made) for 1.3 - 1.4 million. Visit below links.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=19704

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=19214

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=13810

NOTE: In these adverts you will see 1997 made models asking price is 1.4 million. But you can bargain & may be you can buy a one for 1.3 million as per your budget (then you can have a better car than your 1995 made Corolla choice for same price).

Cheers :action-smiley-033: :action-smiley-033: :action-smiley-033:

Did you check above ads which are posted in Autolanka ? All of the 1997 model owners are asking for 1.4 million. But who pays the asking (published) price when buying ? People always advertise for more value rather than their real expectation. All 1.4 million asked cars can be negotiated. If you are going to pay ready cash on the spot, then probably you can get a 1997 model for 1.3 million. No Doubt. Good Luck Mate :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

• 2 weeks later...

the price for the toyota tercel 1997 is bit high..rather you can go for 1998 tercel or corsa for 1.2mio easily.Considering your budget and other requirments I think Tercel or Corsa is a good option.Tercel is one of the most reliable and hardy cars made by Toyota even though they have comparatively lower resale ability.But still definitly you can sell it without a loss.It is a very economical on fuel and spares and I have been using it for nearly 5 years(80,000km)without any mechanical repair.(1996 model)

but it will be much better if u can go for a corolla 110 which will more options and comfort plus resale ability.

• 8 months later...

Go for CORSA. It is a good value for your money. Dont buy soluna, they are made not in JAPAN. Corsa to Soluna is like Honda Civic to City.

You can buy a 300 - 301 CORSA/Tersel around 11 - 11.5 mill depending on its condition.

OR an english plated one around 13 - 14 mil.

Edited by thdamp

Try to go for 110 if possible. Which is a very good car compared to Tercel, Corsa, Soluna etc;....I used 110 for a long period of time and it was very economical car...Spare parts / Body parts are very common and low in price...Even a Sprinter 110 is a good choice I believe, which is little less than corolla 110....of course this is my view on the above case....

• 2 months later...

Looking for a quick reply guys.....

There s a AE 110 LX

Manuf 1996

Registration 1998(301-5XXX)

Milage 240000

From the looks of it, condition seems to be good

Price quoted is 1.325m

Is this worth at that price??

pls pls pls

im in a really hurry :(

LX model has limited options. I think even power window is not available on LX model. So consider that fact also.

Looking for a quick reply guys.....

There s a AE 110 LX

Manuf 1996

Registration 1998(301-5XXX)

Milage 240000

From the looks of it, condition seems to be good

Price quoted is 1.325m

Is this worth at that price??

pls pls pls

im in a really hurry :(

I don't think so....Wait 4 sum time n search 4 few more 110's.High market val of 2nd hand vehicles due 2 da difficulty buyin a new car model less than 2mil Lkr.