• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Power Steering Stiff

Jumly

Hi

I own a Nissan N16 car 2002 model with a millage of 140,000 .... i felt my power steering is too stiff n heavy ... i had flushed the power steering oil n put new oil + changed my power steering belt as well ...but still the problem exist .....when i turn towards right or left the auto return of the steering is poor it gets stuck

please advice me what i should do ....if i need to go to a garage which place is better to solve at a good rate ???

cheers

Jumly

hi All urgent reply needed ...great if any one could advice me

jumlu

maybe the power steering pump is not functioning properly...

if the pump can't give enough pressure...that too might cause stiffness/hardness when you try to steer...

the agents A*W does a good job but prices would obviously be higher than the average garage...

in ur case i doubt that the pump can get faulty so soon.. the only thing is the rack and pump seals.. there are things called pump and rack repiar kits. they contain all the seals and what not. u need a good garage to get the job done..

my power stering pump is 20 years old.. but the same symtopms came did the repair kit trick.. up to now no trouble..

• 1 month later...

My car had the same problem (the steering is a bit stiff and it dosent' get stuck though) and I consulted the agents on it. Their response was that it is inherent to the car and trying to fiddle with it will not yield anything. :o So I gave up on that effort. Is it a defect inherent to these cars? :huh:

Edited by isam