• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi J44 Hand Break Lever

Janith Seneviratne

Does anyone know where to get an hand break lever for a 4DR5, was searching at kurunegala whole yesterday with no luck :(, if nyone knows where i can get one please replay

i saw some in panchikawatta. There are two shops on to your right hand side as soon as you turn right from panchikawatte round about. This is when you're heading towards armour street. You can clearly see there's a facia panel hanging in front of the shop.

• 2 weeks later...
i saw some in panchikawatta. There are two shops on to your right hand side as soon as you turn right from panchikawatte round about. This is when you're heading towards armour street. You can clearly see there's a facia panel hanging in front of the shop.

thank still couldnt go there will check it out asap,

thanx harshan,

do you know anyone who does 4dr5 body restoring good(not those blood sucks), sum1 who would do it reasonable

thank still couldnt go there will check it out asap,

thanx harshan,

do you know anyone who does 4dr5 body restoring good(not those blood sucks), sum1 who would do it reasonable

came across this guy in buthgamuwa road, not the land rover guy but just after passing that place towards left hand side there's a guy call mangala. I can't recommend him as i haven't done a complete body restoration but simple tinker stuff. Reasonable price and knows his stuff very well but i felt not trustworthy due to few things happened. Most of reasonable priced guys don't know about their stuff and those who knows well charges sky high.

came across this guy in buthgamuwa road, not the land rover guy but just after passing that place towards left hand side there's a guy call mangala. I can't recommend him as i haven't done a complete body restoration but simple tinker stuff. Reasonable price and knows his stuff very well but i felt not trustworthy due to few things happened. Most of reasonable priced guys don't know about their stuff and those who knows well charges sky high.

yea i know about mangala his works r not like they used to be, he took about the double the price of a j24 to restore one of my friends J24 as i know, the trust thing is same with almost all garage ppl, currently my budget is around 150k one guy asked around 350k(includes 2 reconditioned doors) just to do the tinkering n line the body and paint so im kind a fedup of this now, gonna check out sum1 in embuldeniya we'll see how it'll get on :)

yea i know about mangala his works r not like they used to be, he took about the double the price of a j24 to restore one of my friends J24 as i know, the trust thing is same with almost all garage ppl, currently my budget is around 150k one guy asked around 350k(includes 2 reconditioned doors) just to do the tinkering n line the body and paint so im kind a fedup of this now, gonna check out sum1 in embuldeniya we'll see how it'll get on :)

anusha is the person at embuldeniya. Good guy trustworthy and usa quality work, but charges are very high. He charged the same 350k for a restoration of a willys about an year ago.

If you're mechanically inclined you can do it at home. In our case, as the jeep was aging with time it needed come tinkering etc which was all done at home. More or less stripped the whole vehicle down to the chassis did all the tinkering/painting (got a tinker/painter to do it) and put them back together. Its like a lifesize Lego set :D And even the mechanical/electrical components are pretty straight forward. Quite a fun thing to do if you have some time to spare.

If you're mechanically inclined you can do it at home. In our case, as the jeep was aging with time it needed come tinkering etc which was all done at home. More or less stripped the whole vehicle down to the chassis did all the tinkering/painting (got a tinker/painter to do it) and put them back together. Its like a lifesize Lego set :D And even the mechanical/electrical components are pretty straight forward. Quite a fun thing to do if you have some time to spare.

True Dilesh not a mission impossible. However this depend on the level of tinkering the vehicle needs. If it's pretty straight and there are few corrosions here and there, yes stripping and re-fixing these stuff, esp Mitsu Jeep series is straight forward. but there are some tricky areas when it comes to the body mounting brackets and certain alignments of the floor board and how the floor board is tacked to the side body. That is definetely not a job of a novice and I burnt my finger trying a well experienced Ex c*rm*rt guy who had wealth of experience but when it comes to Jeeps he knew nothing. Had to guide the entire project and there were pretty expensive mistakes in the body alignments.

True Dilesh not a mission impossible. However this depend on the level of tinkering the vehicle needs. If it's pretty straight and there are few corrosions here and there, yes stripping and re-fixing these stuff, esp Mitsu Jeep series is straight forward. but there are some tricky areas when it comes to the body mounting brackets and certain alignments of the floor board and how the floor board is tacked to the side body. That is definetely not a job of a novice and I burnt my finger trying a well experienced Ex c*rm*rt guy who had wealth of experience but when it comes to Jeeps he knew nothing. Had to guide the entire project and there were pretty expensive mistakes in the body alignments.

in my jeep theres no tinkering need to line the body coz the last guy i gave to tinker messed up the body lining, all its left in my jeep, last place i fixed wz filled with thief's lost all the badges and many parts, now the cataloy is cuming off cz they havnt brushed off the zinc costing in those metal sheets, yea fixing it by our selfs is possible and would be fun to do, but without help its kind a hard to do thing for me

where did you do the painting and things?

anusha is the person at embuldeniya. Good guy trustworthy and usa quality work, but charges are very high. He charged the same 350k for a restoration of a willys about an year ago.

this place is not anusha's place as i know, ur refering to wattakka garage ryt, this place which filled with willy's, this is the place when u just turn to talapathpitiya road

where did you do the painting and things?

The Painter/tinker came over to our house and did it, cos my father kind of wanted to personally overlook the whole thing to prevent a slipshot job of trying to cover-up rust with cataloy what some tinkers tend to do (since this was the 1st time we were working with this particular tinker)..

The Painter/tinker came over to our house and did it, cos my father kind of wanted to personally overlook the whole thing to prevent a slipshot job of trying to cover-up rust with cataloy what some tinkers tend to do (since this was the 1st time we were working with this particular tinker)..

same scenario with my old man, dtz wt he also want, wtz ur jeep n around how much did it cost u for the paint?

same scenario with my old man, dtz wt he also want, wtz ur jeep n around how much did it cost u for the paint?

this was around 6 years ago. The tinkering was around 10k and around 25k for painting if i remember right.. thats just labour.. dont quite remember the cost of the materials though..

PS: the jeep's LWB 4DR5 (J32)

Edited by Dilesh

this was around 6 years ago. The tinkering was around 10k and around 25k for painting if i remember right.. thats just labour.. dont quite remember the cost of the materials though..

PS: the jeep's LWB 4DR5 (J32)

ah i have the same thing a J32, just got the quotation for body lining and tinkering only its 40K, seems ok :)