• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Urgent Advice Needed! Please

isurujosh

The boy racer that used to live in me slowly but surely seems to have died his slow death. After test driving my cousin bro's Nissan Cefiro A32 I fell in love with it. I have two choices now. I need your kind advice in my choice.

Choice No. 1:

Cefiro A32, 301-8XXX, in an amazingly well interior and exterior condition for a car of that age. my cousin is the current owner and the previous owner was crazily in love with the car. 176Km on the clock (100% trust worthy, literally due to car's past owners). recently done a check in A*W and the only things to attend to are a oil seal that needs replacement, front bonnet opening shocks needs replacement and a tune-up. car is such a delight to watch both exterior and interior, better than the much newer A33 on interior.

Price: 10.50

only 3rd party insured so i have to fully insure the vehicle no sooner i buy it.

Choice No. 2:

Cefiro A33, YOM 2000, exterior condition is slightly better than A32 but interior is a bit of a let down. no idea about how well the car was used in the past but the owner agreed to take me to A*W and fix all the problems with the car at his expense after doing a full check-up.

price: 15

fully insured and 8 months left in it that the owner wishes to transfer to me.

Which choice is better and why?

Thank you so much for your valuable time.

Edited by isurujosh

what engines do these have?

176k is quite a lot...

& if the A33 bloke is actually going to fix things, then may be worth the while - both car comfy , but do know that comfort comes at the price of heavy fuel bill

it's the 2 liter petrol engines for both cars with automatic tranmission. i have assumed 7km per liter in HEAVY traffic. is my assumption not too realistic?

i think driving conservatively, you should be able to get 7 in town...

i would negotiate the price of the 33 and go for that. you should be able to get a reduction since cars in general are not moving these days and the 33's don't have a great resale value.

i would negotiate the price of the 33 and go for that. you should be able to get a reduction since cars in general are not moving these days and the 33's don't have a great resale value.

Is this an old thread? And is this who I think it is?

tnx fuzzo. any specific reason why a33 has very low market value other than perception?

tnx fuzzo. any specific reason why a33 has very low market value other than perception?

It's perception and low fuels economy. Considering its a Nissan I don't see anything else.

So you've outgrown the 'Rebel'ious boy-racer inside you? Welcome back.... :jumping-smiley-013:

Have experience with a 33, a good car if you can get it at a good price. Be careful about the owner offering to do all the necessary repairs, since he may try and skimp on stuff behind your back, leaving you with more costly problems later. See that you get ahold of the full diagnostic.

Nice to see you back after such a long time. :)

Have experience with a 33, a good car if you can get it at a good price. Be careful about the owner offering to do all the necessary repairs, since he may try and skimp on stuff behind your back, leaving you with more costly problems later. See that you get ahold of the full diagnostic.

Nice to see you back after such a long time. :)

hey tnx Sean. is 14 an ok price for a the said A33? i have heard about the dash cracking problem too.

am i better off with the known A32? after all it's 1.05 mn. bdw what is a realistic fuel consumption figure for a32 in heavy traffic?

it's the 2 liter petrol engines for both cars with automatic tranmission. i have assumed 7km per liter in HEAVY traffic. is my assumption not too realistic?

Bro both A32 and A33 are good comfy cars...but trust me on this...one of my friend's dady was using a A33 with Auto gearbox, 2.0G Excimo...color was a that dark bottle green with beige interior...and trust me it was doing max 6 and that was at Matara...u know unlike cmb matara never get stuck with traffic @ roads and even on moderate driving...it did max 6km/L ...but im sure if its a manual could do more 2kms....and i too have driven a one..and that is belongs to one of ma friend @ my previous office...excellent pull and ride quality is good. But personally i also like the A32 because it has this Grand yet sporty look with a touch of european look (U knw some like Brougham V*P look)

But for A32 do u think u will be able to find spares ? exterior components ?

Bro both A32 and A33 are good comfy cars...but trust me on this...one of my friend's dady was using a A33 with Auto gearbox, 2.0G Excimo...color was a that dark bottle green with beige interior...and trust me it was doing max 6 and that was at Matara...u know unlike cmb matara never get stuck with traffic @ roads and even on moderate driving...it did max 6km/L ...but im sure if its a manual could do more 2kms....and i too have driven a one..and that is belongs to one of ma friend @ my previous office...excellent pull and ride quality is good. But personally i also like the A32 because it has this Grand yet sporty look with a touch of european look (U knw some like Brougham V*P look)

But for A32 do u think u will be able to find spares ? exterior components ?

my god :blink: i feel like keeping my toyota now.

tnx so much for your advice bro.

• 2 weeks later...

well i have not completely gotten over the cefiro yet. i have heard many stories on the fuel consumption and i will post a seperate topic on Nissan fuel consumption.

my cousin bro's A32 actually has done only 146,000 Kms (not 176,000 as mistakenly noted by me). now will that tilt the balance in favor of the A32 considering it's in extremely good condition despite it's age?

there are quite a few A33s in the market too and i can still buy an A33 too. but do you reckon it's worth paying the extra money for an A33 when you have got a well taken care of A32 for lot cheaper?

I plan to do a diagnostic check on the A32 and a targetted A33 on wednesday and i will come back with those results for your kind advices.