• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Noise Pollution Problems Anyone ? ::

dragster

Question

have you guys had any problems with the cops for a loud exhaust ? if so can you pls let me know how you guys got away with it or what was the end result ? also is there a limit or a measure of noise you could make with your exhaust ?

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

have you guys had any problems with the cops for a loud exhaust ? if so can you pls let me know how you guys got away with it or what was the end result ? also is there a limit or a measure of noise you could make with your exhaust ?

Yeah.... love to know the details :) , as I’ll also be prone to this offence from next week. :blink:

I did speak to a lawyer on the above a long time ago, hence details escape my memory. To answer some of yoyr questions yes there is a decible limit allowed and anything over is illeagle. But so is the emmision laws. It does exist but is not implimented cause if the Bus buggers go on strike then its a hassle to the relavant minister and the cops dont want that now do they. But we poor buggers....well even if we r as quiet as a church mouse and the cops say we are loud.....loud it is; unless your are willing to go to courts and chalange them. its not like as though the authorites have equipmet to measure levels of sound... But Yes laws do exist on noice level.....

I did speak to a lawyer on the above a long time ago, hence details escape my memory. To answer some of yoyr questions yes there is a decible limit allowed and anything over is illeagle. But so is the emmision laws. It does exist but is not implimented cause if the Bus buggers go on strike then its a hassle to the relavant minister and the cops dont want that now do they. But we poor buggers....well even if we r as quiet as a church mouse and the cops say we are loud.....loud it is; unless your are willing to go to courts and chalange them. its not like as though the authorites have equipmet to measure levels of sound... But Yes laws do exist on noice level.....

thanks for the info bro...

the reason for to ask this question was... last week I went to dehiwala police station with one of my friends to lodge an entry.. cause he has been rammed by a bus bugger... anyways.. all the cops were pretty much busy and this one cop asked us to take a seat as he was in a hurry with some issue... later on he appoligze4d for keeping us waiting and he said that he was having some issue with a three wheeler being too noisy... when we inquired more details he said that they are gona stopp all loud exhaust guys.. and stuff... so that's the scene... better watch out..

Hi all, i dont know how relevant to this thread is but i got a problem. I feel that the outside noise i hear in my civic is very high. I went in a N16 and a Corrolla 121 the noise there was very low. Even in my petrol Hiace i feel the outside noise is very low from the interior than my civic...

Where is wrong? Rubber beadings?

the reason for to ask this question was... last week I went to dehiwala police station with one of my friends to lodge an entry.. cause he has been rammed by a bus bugger... anyways.. all the cops were pretty much busy and this one cop asked us to take a seat as he was in a hurry with some issue... later on he appoligze4d for keeping us waiting and he said that he was having some issue with a three wheeler being too noisy... when we inquired more details he said that they are gona stopp all loud exhaust guys.. and stuff... so that's the scene... better watch out..

Api thoppi factriyak daanna haduwoth minussu olu nethuwa upadinawa.... :blink:

Hm.............Dehiwela.. so problem for preveen n me... anyway my exhaust is not too noisy so i hope i can escape :blink:

Api thoppi factriyak daanna haduwoth minussu olu nethuwa upadinawa.... :)

True True............. :)

he said that they are gona stopp all loud exhaust guys.. and stuff... so that's the scene... better watch out..

If that's the case, then there are a lot of busses that will have to be kicked off the street as well

uh how would they check for sound levels?! Do they have te equipment and stuff?!

I think they'll get hold of a decibel meter which would probably do.. They're not that hard to come by

There was an article in the paper some time ago about these underage Int. sch. types that drive without licenses, and one j***a$$ who gets off by claiming to be a lawyer. Now I've never been stopped for noise, but if I am, I think I'll demand a spot check for noise from an instrument, and if they can't provide, threaten to sue them for harrasment, illegal detention and possibly mental distress. "I'm a lawyer" might work. But I'll go with "my sis is a lawyer" which is true :angry-smiley-048: Make a show of writing down the buggers badge no.

U can't argue with the radar guns for speeding, but u can argue for this. What u gonna say to a cop who tries to stop u for speeding if he doesn't have a radar gun? Same thing ....

i think they will target the aftermarket add ons that cause noise rather than the busses...

exactly... the word is that.. they ask you to change your exhaust and bring it and show it to them... untill then they retain your license...

wonder what Pila has to say....

exactly... the word is that.. they ask you to change your exhaust and bring it and show it to them... untill then they retain your license...

U R scaring me Dragster..... :angry-smiley-048:

I distinctly said "underage Int. sch. types that drive without licenses" so if u went to int.sch.s and u didn't drive without licenses while under age, balen thoppi daagana epa! :P

Even if u did, balen thoppi daana epa :D

Why the paper specifically picked on Int. sch. types I have no idea. But I am quoting off a paper. I forget which, but odds are it was a Sunday paper, coz we normally don't get any other kind home :D

Besides, My point was the article was about them, but my critique was about the guy claiming to be a lawyer.