• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Noise Pollution Problems Anyone ? ::

dragster

Question

have you guys had any problems with the cops for a loud exhaust ? if so can you pls let me know how you guys got away with it or what was the end result ? also is there a limit or a measure of noise you could make with your exhaust ?

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

hehe PReveen Take ur temper ...Eats sum pizza it will al melt with the cheese..... MMMMMMMMMMM DILICIOUS .

thumbs up .

Hehe Ash beleive me ur exhaust will not get caught but im sure u will for Speed ing man i saw u at the madiwela road Speeding ahead .and ur NON GT-R is weird but cool

U can't argue with the radar guns for speeding, but u can argue for this. What u gonna say to a cop who tries to stop u for speeding if he doesn't have a radar gun? Same thing ....

actually u CAN argue a redar gun if its only a little off the limit... because the radar gun only measures the relative velocity between the gun and the car... so if the gun is moved (jerked fast) towards a car, the reading will incease... for it to be a accurate reading the gun has to be positioned on a unmovable stand... cos if u even move a radar gun towards a wall it'll give a reading... my father argued with a cop on this once.. then again he IS a lawyer :D....and the officer admited...

would love to followup on this.. but after the 28th.. :D

Hehe Ash beleive me ur exhaust will not get caught but im sure u will for Speed ing man i saw u at the madiwela road Speeding ahead .and ur NON GT-R is weird but cool

Madiwela.... Is that the road to Baddagana???.... If so I went to that area few days to meet Suresh (guy's doing my Exhasts). Did you saw me without the front bumper.... he heee... ;) What do you mean my non GTR is weird??? :)

Madiwela.... Is that the road to Baddagana???.... If so I went to that area few days to meet Suresh (guy's doing my Exhasts). Did you saw me without the front bumper.... he heee... :lol: What do you mean my non GTR is weird??? :)

Oh another NISSAN Owner :D

Ok abt the loud exhausts for my information are caught by City traffic cops. Our very own Pilawoo's has been caught end number of times for his exhaust all by city traffic dudes i think. I haven't been caught for a loud exhaust still but in fact i have been booked for six offences in one fine sheet. This happened when i brought my car out from the garage as soon as i did the conversion.

The six offences were,

1. Reckless Driving

2. Headlights and tail lights not working.

3. Number plates not visible.

4. Too loud.

5. No revenue license.

6. No insurance.

Ok abt the loud exhausts for my information are caught by City traffic cops. Our very own Pilawoo's has been caught end number of times for his exhaust all by city traffic dudes i think. I haven't been caught for a loud exhaust still but in fact i have been booked for six offences in one fine sheet. This happened when i brought my car out from the garage as soon as i did the conversion.

The six offences were,

1. Reckless Driving

4. Too loud.

5. No revenue license.

6. No insurance.

Reckless driving what were u trying to do?! lol!

The six offences were,

1. Reckless Driving

4. Too loud.

5. No revenue license.

6. No insurance.

wut abt ignoring the color lights ?

The six offences were,

1. Reckless Driving

4. Too loud.

5. No revenue license.

6. No insurance.

Ok this is dubious privilege to have!!

Incident One:

Was very late for a meeting at about 10AM and decided to take a short cut through fort.. Opened out on first and shook the place and nearly shook a cop off his bike… This pissed him off quite a but as you’d expect.. He booked by for the ‘illegal modification of vehicle noise’ –which is apparently not a finable offence, that means straight to court. Me tried to be a smart ass and took on city traffic complaining that the law was bull- they simply said ‘Fine tell it to the judge not to us’ J Or bring a certificate from the agents that the car is original! Ha ha ha.. I took the easier path and altered the barrels.. After failing their inspections twice I passed the third time after installing 3 barrels and CAT to cut the noise..

Incident Two:

The drags boys had done major parade burn down GP on the way to Paliyagoda.. yours truly was peacefully doing a drive a few mins after that. The Cops were so damn pissed at the previous set of car that they booked me! For my fine luck is was the same dudes I had negotiated with City traffic before! Solution- same as the above

My advice: Drive without sound. If you must- use a good new branded tail barrel- that way you can manage the clutch every time you see the cops.. God bless you auto buggers slip your gear in neutral.. Oh bright stickers and pain jobs are a good way to get noticed if you need to- by the cops! Also try not owning a Honda- that helps a lot!

Ok this is dubious privilege to have!!

Incident One:

Was very late for a meeting at about 10AM and decided to take a short cut through fort.. Opened out on first and shook the place and nearly shook a cop off his bike… This pissed him off quite a but as you’d expect.. He booked by for the ‘illegal modification of vehicle noise’ –which is apparently not a finable offence, that means straight to court. Me tried to be a smart ass and took on city traffic complaining that the law was bull- they simply said ‘Fine tell it to the judge not to us’ J Or bring a certificate from the agents that the car is original! Ha ha ha.. I took the easier path and altered the barrels.. After failing their inspections twice I passed the third time after installing 3 barrels and CAT to cut the noise..

Incident Two:

The drags boys had done major parade burn down GP on the way to Paliyagoda.. yours truly was peacefully doing a drive a few mins after that. The Cops were so damn pissed at the previous set of car that they booked me! For my fine luck is was the same dudes I had negotiated with City traffic before! Solution- same as the above

My advice: Drive without sound. If you must- use a good new branded tail barrel- that way you can manage the clutch every time you see the cops.. God bless you auto buggers slip your gear in neutral.. Oh bright stickers and pain jobs are a good way to get noticed if you need to- by the cops! Also try not owning a Honda- that helps a lot!

man.. that's a great experience bro.... but cant you argue with them for not having the equipment to measure the thing ?

and by the way... your's is a lot louder machang...

The six offences were,

1. Reckless Driving

4. Too loud.

5. No revenue license.

6. No insurance.

so how did you get away ?

hey pila i didn't know city traffic was giving ur so much pain i thought it was just a fine they gie. Nect time buzz me if city traffic gives ur trouble u know my number ya.

so how did you get away ?

Well i tried explaining the cop OIC thats it's pointless booking me but he was bragging abt not even the president can save meee u know how these dudes talk ya. I got my liecense back from a high ranking police officer in Head Quarters. Police should concentrate more on buses and tri shaw's.

hey pila i didn't know city traffic was giving ur so much pain i thought it was just a fine they gie. Nect time buzz me if city traffic gives ur trouble u know my number ya.

thanks man.. hopefully I wont need to wake you up in the middle of the night!

Well i tried explaining the cop OIC thats it's pointless booking me but he was bragging abt not even the president can save meee u know how these dudes talk ya. I got my liecense back from a high ranking police officer in Head Quarters. Police should concentrate more on buses and tri shaw's.

i was thinking of changing my silencer as it's still standard . i have to change my idea now as i dont want to go through all this hassle

specially after :unsure: