• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Tranny Problem In Lancer Ck1

eco rider

Question

Hi guys,

i bought a lancer ck1 - auto, 1.3, 1999 - a month ago.... Feel like the gear change is not ok.... When i continuously press (even when smoothly pressing) gas it will take more time to shift gears (from first to second at 40 kmh, second to third at 60 kmh). But when i release gas and press again, gear will shift to next at lower speeds (20 kmh , 40 kmh). Also it will run on third if the speed is less than 80 kmh... beofore 80 it will shift to 4th when i release gas, but again shift to 3rd after few seconds. ther's no rpm meter to c rpm...ATF is new.

can u guys tell me what is wrong with it????? or any gud mechanic where i can get it corrected? :rolleyes:

3 answers to this question

sounds quite normal to me. Simply because the engine is 1.3 and usually when you release throttle, autos tend to shift up and when you kick down it down shifts. Changing of the gears in the mentionned speed ranges is depend on the way you handle the throtle, how hard/light your press it, so can't comment exactly whether there's an issue in your auto tranny or not.

Search around this forum, you'll get enough contacts of mechanics whom are into auto trannys or particularly into Mitsubishi for that matter and show it to one of them.