• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Diesel Engine Oil?

F1R

Question

Hey guyz!

Need some advice. I've got a Mitsubishi jeep J20 with a 4DR6 Turbo engine under the hood. What would be the best diesel engine oil to use (Brand)? And also what type of oil should I use? The previous owner had used BP vanellus C3 40. Should I stick with it or use something else?

Thanks alot guyz :)

4 answers to this question

widely used engine oil for diesel engines (not euro) in sl is either delo or generic caltex s.a.e40 or s.a.e 50 ant the same i used for more than 3 years in a 4dr5 engine without any issue.

Thanks alot 4 ur reply bro! So do u think I should switch or should I stick with the same oil? :)

Hey guyz!

Need some advice. I've got a Mitsubishi jeep J20 with a 4DR6 Turbo engine under the hood. What would be the best diesel engine oil to use (Brand)? And also what type of oil should I use? The previous owner had used BP vanellus C3 40. Should I stick with it or use something else?

Thanks alot guyz :)

Bro These are my Stats..actually experience since my child hood...Specs from My dad's vehicle list

Morris Oxford 31 - 647 1.5 Ltr original diesel (Not using now..its on greasy garrage now) 247,XXX miles on the clock (Only 1 overhaul) and used only Lanka DS40 from 1980 - 1996 (maintained by my dad)

Toyota LH 71 Hiace Commuter 2.5 Ltr Diesel (30 - 8XXX) brand new bought...cant rmber the milage ..but used DS40 1982 - 1990 (No Overhauls) (Maintained by my dad)

Toyota LH61 Hiace Vista 2.5Ltr Diesel (51-5965) Diesel 1994 - 2009 (Only ONE overhaul) and dis has been maintained by me and servicing intervals strictly 3000Kms...did 380,XXX kms with the original Stock engine (Believe me...) and after a full overhaul and a quality paint job...there wasnt any requirement to keep a van ...we let it go on last April...it was a very Reluctant sale of vehicle....

Toyota LN107 SSR-X 2.8 Ltr Diesel - Always used only DS 40 on 3000Km Strict service intervals and engine was smooth as silk when selling it was 250,XXX kms above the clock...we had it since 1999 - 2007 Plate was 251 - 9955 it was on stock engine at the time of selling...

Now only the diesel which we use is Kia Sportage 2001 Brand New model... 162,XXX kms on the clock..used it since 5 years now..plate is GD2941 engine is RT 2.0 Turbo Intercooler ...engine and everything else in Stock condition...engine is about 70% condition but runs like brand new...used only DS40....on 3000 Km strict service intervals...

So bro..i gues...for ur 4DR6 these facts are enuf....

Edited by KI4120