• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Box 1979-1982

outlander

Hi All,

Does any one having Hands on experience or comments about LANCER BOX 1979-1982?

Model discriptions?

Rear / Front Wheel drive?

4 forward / 5 Forward?

RPM metere model?

Red beeding model?

orient enging?

any idea about above features... ?

What are the + / -

Fuel Usage

Availability of Spares (Body+Engin)

Handling

and present market price ? (if in good condition with A/C)

Looking forward to hear your valuble COMMENTS

Hi All,

Model discriptions?

4 forward / 5 Forward?

RPM metere model?

Red beeding model?

orient enging?

What are the + / -

Fuel Usage

Handling

I dont kno much about Lancers, I think it came with both 5 speed and 4 speed .It came with 1.2,1.6,1.8 and 1.8 Turbo. Hope Samishka will shed some light on this topic and tell u more about the Lancer

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Hi All,

Model discriptions?

4 forward / 5 Forward?

RPM metere model?

Red beeding model?

orient enging?

What are the + / -

Fuel Usage

Handling

it's rear wheel drive and there are two versions 4 and 5 foward. The red beeding model is the top of the range with RPM meter. but beware, there are converted red beedings also in the market.

Options as far as I know, are only air conditionning and AM/FM radio cassette player.

by considering the price ranges, I think it's better to go for C11 or C12 simply because there's an overlap on the market pricess but features and technology wise you get better cars.

it's rear wheel drive and there are two versions 4 and 5 foward. The red beeding model is the top of the range with RPM meter. but beware, there are converted red beedings also in the market.

Options as far as I know, are only air conditionning and AM/FM radio cassette player.

by considering the price ranges, I think it's better to go for C11 or C12 simply because there's an overlap on the market pricess but features and technology wise you get better cars.

Thanks Buddy..

C11 / 12 goes about 1lkh higher than box in the current market.

Most says lancers ( both Box + C11/12 ) are very bad in fuel usage. True or False?

Thanks Buddy..

C11 / 12 goes about 1lkh higher than box in the current market.

Most says lancers ( both Box + C11/12 ) are very bad in fuel usage. True or False?

not really, i've seen some boxes quoting in excess of 350,000/- where as some C11 and 12s goes at 300,000/- or lesser. Fuel consumption is not too bad but lesser to other brands of same era. There was a thread where B11 and Lancer is being compared.

not really, i've seen some boxes quoting in excess of 350,000/- where as some C11 and 12s goes at 300,000/- or lesser. Fuel consumption is not too bad but lesser to other brands of same era. There was a thread where B11 and Lancer is being compared.

Yeah machan , Boxes are there starting from 2.3k+ - to 3.5k +...

It seems worth looking 4 a C12...

C11 ? isnt it WAGON?

B11s are good but seems hard to find a gud one below 3k...

If anyone knw C12 or BoX in gud condition to sell... let me knw..

Edited by outlander

Yeah machan , Boxes are there starting from 2.3k+ - to 3.5k +...

It seems worth looking 4 a C12...

C11 ? isnt it WAGON?

B11s are good but seems hard to find a gud one below 3k...

If anyone knw C12 or BoX in gud condition to sell... let me knw..

C11 is the first version both wagon and sedan. dash board is bit different and there are some differences on the lights, shell, side repeaters and bumpers. C12A and C12 came subsequently in that order with better options, changed/upgraded dash board.

C11 is the first version both wagon and sedan. dash board is bit different and there are some differences on the lights, shell, side repeaters and bumpers. C12A and C12 came subsequently in that order with better options, changed/upgraded dash board.

Hmmmm.. thnks for the valuble info... Think better try for a normal condition C12...

Hope availability of spares ( body / Engin ) is avarage and not too hard...?

Heard tht there are few issues with finding original CARBULATORS n Engin parts...

any comments...

Hmmmm.. thnks for the valuble info... Think better try for a normal condition C12...

Hope availability of spares ( body / Engin ) is avarage and not too hard...?

Heard tht there are few issues with finding original CARBULATORS n Engin parts...

any comments...

frankly not sure about the carb, but had to rebuild the engine due to a T-belt failure, and found an original piston and connecting rod for 2500/-. Saw quite a bit of engines at the same shop. So can't be an issue but then again it depends on the engine. Mine is 4G15 so it could be something to do with the engine.

frankly not sure about the carb, but had to rebuild the engine due to a T-belt failure, and found an original piston and connecting rod for 2500/-. Saw quite a bit of engines at the same shop. So can't be an issue but then again it depends on the engine. Mine is 4G15 so it could be something to do with the engine.

Ohhh.. whats the meter reading (Km) when u got to rebuild ?

I will keep 4g15 in my mind... whats ya vehicle, C12?

C12A, this rebuilding is nothing to do with the wear and tear, Just my bad luck T belt gave up before it's time.

Its pleasure to hear tht parts are avilable with not much dificulties..

Hows the fuel usage on yours?

Planing to see few boxes on this weekend.

Still couldnt find any C12s, think hard to find bcoz owners seems not wanted to get rid of c12s :rolleyes: