• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Skyline R35 Gt-r

streetKIA

I guess you guys mustve seen it already but i have to post it cos it looks so gorgeous..

11205tokyonissangtr01l7jd.jpg

skylinegtrproto10bu.jpg

skylinegtr115fn.jpg

You’re looking at 80 to 90 percent of the 2008 production GT-R, according to Nissan design chief Shiro Nakamura. We can’t tell you whether it will be sold in North America as the Nissan GT-R or the Infiniti GT-R, because Nissan brass claims it hasn’t decided. By now, fights ought to be breaking out between U.S. Nissan and Infiniti dealerships anxious to get this M3/Z06/Cayman/NSX/Lexus supercoupe-fighter in showrooms. We can end rumors that Nissan would slide in a 4.5-liter V-8 for North America and tell you that the United States get the same engine as the rest of the world. The engine we expect for the GT-R worldwide will be a highly tuned twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6, powering the rear wheels. The GT-R Proto features a small break in the roofline aiding what Nakamura says is a very aerodynamic package. Its twin round taillamps help “express the heyday of the GT-R,” a car until now has not officially been sold outside of Japan. The ’08 model launching in late ’07 will be the first GT-R sold in left- as well as right-hand-drive versions. The Proto’s front end is a bit “conceptual,” which means it needs a real-world front bumper and headlamps, but this show car is a solid approximation of the reborn street legend coming to our shores.

does the world want another G35 (infinity) in a nissan GTR badge ??

its a ok design but i think its not great as R34

i think those guys are nuts to destroy a legendary name. lukily they dont use Skyline name anymore.

It doesnt have japanese genes in it only euro looks.

so sad.

does the world want another G35 (infinity) in a nissan GTR badge ??

its a ok design but i think its not great as R34

i think those guys are nuts to destroy a legendary name. lukily they dont use Skyline name anymore.

It doesnt have japanese genes in it only euro looks.

so sad.

It even seems to have borrowed from the Mustang when viewed from the side :D It looks nice, but shouldn't be associated with the Skyline

Dude! Facts gone wrong!

For one this, this will not get a R35 tag, since they used G35 already. So 36 if anything.

THIS CAR WILL NOT BE CALLED A SKYLINE. Just the Nissan GT-R.

Update: I think Goshn announced that the GT-R will sell in the States as the Nissan GT-R at the New York Auto Show 2006. Andy? Info on this?

Zeem: Machang, go take another look at the Eclipse. The only similarity will be in the silhouette. Which is remarkably similar to the Z too. Or maybe not so remarkable, I think its based on the same chassis.

This article says RWD. Interesting. Was expecting it to stay AWD, keep using the ATESSA system. RWD is generally the domain of the Z. If they make this RWD, then there probably wont be that rumored 450Z, coz it'll be competing in the same area. KIA, Got a source for this article?

Edited by Pericles

Dude! Facts gone wrong!

For one this, this will not get a R35 tag, since they used G35 already. So 36 if anything.

Update: I think Goshn announced that the GT-R will sell in the States as the Nissan GT-R at the New York Auto Show 2006. Andy? Info on this?

Zeem: Machang, go take another look at the Eclipse. The only similarity will be in the silhouette. Which is remarkably similar to the Z too. Or maybe not so remarkable, I think its based on the same chassis.

This article says RWD. Interesting. Was expecting it to stay AWD, keep using the ATESSA system. RWD is generally the domain of the Z. If they make this RWD, then there probably wont be that rumored 450Z, coz it'll be competing in the same area. KIA, Got a source for this article?

Here's my Exact post from a similar topic on ClubLk.us "LoL...u got it wrong dude... to start with the next GTR will not be badged as the R35 it will go as simply the Infiniti GTR or the Nissan GTR..The word Skyline has been ommitted... secondly, the base number will not be R35 as the new G35 holds that platform thus technicaly Nissan Japan will release it with the R36 code if neccessary... Thirdly, the pictures u put up are totally wrong..those pics are from the 2003 Concept that was released on the Net...the real Prototype was released at the Tokyo Auto show last year...there is a major difference in styling most noticeable in the front..will post pics soon...so there thats the real info....." ...

also the most recent update on the GTR is that it will be released in Japan in 2007 (Fall) and in the U.S in 2008 (Spring) as the Nissan GT-R and not infinti...YAY!!! LoL... it will however also get a new front bumper as the earlier post said and be available in both left and right hand drive.. The world will get One version of the car and engine and NOT different spec cars for different countries... this car shud rock... lets hope for the best....

Here's my Exact post from a similar topic on ClubLk.us "LoL...u got it wrong dude... to start with the next GTR will not be badged as the R35 it will go as simply the Infiniti GTR or the Nissan GTR..The word Skyline has been ommitted... secondly, the base number will not be R35 as the new G35 holds that platform thus technicaly Nissan Japan will release it with the R36 code if neccessary... Thirdly, the pictures u put up are totally wrong..those pics are from the 2003 Concept that was released on the Net...the real Prototype was released at the Tokyo Auto show last year...there is a major difference in styling most noticeable in the front..will post pics soon...so there thats the real info....." ...

also the most recent update on the GTR is that it will be released in Japan in 2007 (Fall) and in the U.S in 2008 (Spring) as the Nissan GT-R and not infinti...YAY!!! LoL... it will however also get a new front bumper as the earlier post said and be available in both left and right hand drive.. The world will get One version of the car and engine and NOT different spec cars for different countries... this car shud rock... lets hope for the best....

yeah, seen that post. But the pics on this one are the right set :D

Dude! Facts gone wrong!

ya i read this too.. in AUTOCAR some time back when the car was still a concept...btw, is it in production now?

Pericles

good find lol

i guess he is running for it

yo preveen sup??

damm bored cant goto bed..

wat ru doin??

anything u recommend me to do till i fall asleep at around 4:30..

atleast can u find me a online job at nite lol.. dam im used to this shit man..

i cant go to bed early in the night.. must consult a doc..

so so..

any good funny intrestin sites to spend time??

Pericles

good find lol

yo preveen sup??

wat ru doin??

so so..

Apply for MIT support division. This thread is going OT, time to recenter it. interesting wastes on time on the post whores thread.

for me r34 looks more lik a monster and the look of r34 itself says its a killer machine..

for me the new GTR concept looks more like the new mitsubishi eclipse

i'm with u bro... :)

Dude! Facts gone wrong!

Its from motortrend.com. Its from the 2005 tokyo motor show. I think it looks pretty nice, but more on the softer side next to the r34.

Pericles

good find lol

yo preveen sup??

wat ru doin??

so so..

try www.metacafe.com