• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car Between 3.5 - 4 Mil

rangerover

The issue with the 320d, is getting a well used one for that price. Since these are diesel cars, maintanace can be quite high

Mate, any reason for saying this? I've no experiance with diesel Beemers, but the diesel Japs I've used didn't cost me anything significantly more, compared to the Petrols from the same makes... as long as proper maintanance is done, a few rupees difference for a filter or two doesn't make a difference.. this, is my personal experience, and open to be challenged :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, any reason for saying this? I've no experiance with diesel Beemers, but the diesel Japs I've used didn't cost me anything significantly more, compared to the Petrols from the same makes... as long as proper maintanance is done, a few rupees difference for a filter or two doesn't make a difference.. this, is my personal experience, and open to be challenged :)

I definetly agree regarding the fact that jap diesels dnt give any more probs than the petrols. Unfortunately, the same doesnt apply to the E46. Many car sale guys i spoke to told me that the petrol version of the same model year would be sold may be 6k -7k more than the diesel due to less probs and more demand.

I definetly agree regarding the fact that jap diesels dnt give any more probs than the petrols. Unfortunately, the same doesnt apply to the E46. Many car sale guys i spoke to told me that the petrol version of the same model year would be sold may be 6k -7k more than the diesel due to less probs and more demand.

wow! such a big difference? surprising considering the MUCH higher cost when bought B/N...

personally i'd go for the diesel... performance wise the diesel and petrol are more or less in par, and its probably cheaper to run the diesel.. maybe madmax can clarify IF there really ARE truths to rumors on the diesels needing more care (or bigger repairs)....

wow! such a big difference? surprising considering the MUCH higher cost when bought B/N...

personally i'd go for the diesel... performance wise the diesel and petrol are more or less in par, and its probably cheaper to run the diesel.. maybe madmax can clarify IF there really ARE truths to rumors on the diesels needing more care (or bigger repairs)....

it would definetly be better to get some facts on this rumour. Come to think of it, it may be due to the rarity of petrol e46s that causes this price diff

aren't the turbos suppose to go bust every so many number of kilometers?

i guess it depends on how well it was used/maintained....

the turbo on our gemini's done 250k+ and still gives one hell of an umph when it kicks in.

gosh gemini, quite an unlikely dream but at the time i was in uni i always wanted to own one. my friend had one and luuurve the rides on it. amazing engine, but sadly had a notorious reputation for being subject to ware and tare a lot. i suppose in sri lanka for a vehicle to earn a positive reputation, it should be able to cope with bad maintenance. not gemini it seems.

gosh gemini, quite an unlikely dream but at the time i was in uni i always wanted to own one. my friend had one and luuurve the rides on it. amazing engine, but sadly had a notorious reputation for being subject to ware and tare a lot. i suppose in sri lanka for a vehicle to earn a positive reputation, it should be able to cope with bad maintenance. not gemini it seems.

OT ( cos the Gemini is nott at all in the 3.4-4 mil range :D ):

the electrical system on the gemini is kinda funny, which is a bigger turn off than the engine when it comes to repairs etc. There are some mechanics who've been working on Gemini for donkey-years hence know them inside-out... Ours (a JT600) never had engine 'trouble' over its life. but it did go through an overhaul some years back, at around 200-230k if i remember right.

We use to have one when i was a kid. Brand new version i think. My father still talks about how well it used to climb up country loads for such a small car.

How about a Ssayong Actiyon for 3.8 Million just done 7500 km, saw the ad at ##### site. Or a Harrier would be great...

altezza would probably be in the 3-3.5 range.. the rs200 maybe more

since there aren't a lot around, prices vary alot

How about a Ssayong Actiyon for 3.8 Million just done 7500 km, saw the ad at ##### site. Or a Harrier would be great...

Im not a fan of the Actiyon at all. I did go to see few Harriers, but couldnt find one in a good condition. I guess it is acceptable since most were G series registrations