• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fn15 Issue

megatron

Hi guys, Im havin a bit of an issue with my Nissan Pulsar FN15. Auto transmission.

I have noticed a slight ticking noise from the engine/gearbox when accelerating the car. A noise similar to waht you get when you try to accelerate on a high gear in a manual car.

I have checked my ATF and this looks good. Serviced the car recently but the issue still persists.

Is this something to do with the tuning?

thanks in advance

VVTI can the timing be adjusted by doing an ECU tune up? I think its chain driven..

Depends on your set up. Older cars it is adjusted from the distributor. Unless you have COT (Coil on Top) it can be adjusted manually. But get it checked by a proper mechanic.

cool will have to take it to the agents i guess..

if its slight and only if its there when you accelerate from a stop, then it is OK.There is sometimes a slight ignition knock on small engined Auto cars at heavy loads. Nothing to lose sleep over. If you are encountering it at all kinds of speeds, whenever you put the foot down, then you should get it checked.

• 5 weeks later...
if its slight and only if its there when you accelerate from a stop, then it is OK.There is sometimes a slight ignition knock on small engined Auto cars at heavy loads. Nothing to lose sleep over. If you are encountering it at all kinds of speeds, whenever you put the foot down, then you should get it checked.

Hi I checked this out with a mech.. he said the engine is running advanced. However he told me that its fine to run advanced since its good on fuel and increases acceleration.. is this true? <_<

Im also looking to pep up the engine a bit.. any suggestions? Thinking of a K&N filter and er... thats all i can think of.. anything else i can do to tweak things up a bit

Also where can i find the original manufacturer recommended spark plugs for the GA15DE engine? I tried googling it but hmmm doesnt help alot.

cheers