• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Around Rs.2laks For Campus Student?

Kule

My Choices,

Early Fiat Uno 60 - Has to be one of the best buys.

Fiat 128/Upali

With due respect. He is looking for a trouble free runner that he can use every day. While i respect fiats, im not going to suggest a 20 + year old italian car which has been hacked several people beforehand can be described as that Gtam.

My grandma had a uno 60 at the tail end of the 80's/early 90's. She bought it from the first owner who babied the car. It spent most of the year and a half she kept it either not starting or with half of its electrical system shorting out.

I for one don't buy into the cliche that all italian cars are nightmares. But I have to say that Uno came pretty damn close!

Good Bro :)

So what are you going to buy

a 1200 or 1300

Hey, I'm not that much aware of VW 1200 & 1300. What is the best for me? I'll try to increase my budget..... Thanks

Hey, I'm not that much aware of VW 1200 & 1300. What is the best for me? I'll try to increase my budget..... Thanks

1300cc and 1200cc are the most common engine sizes the beetle came with. Most of the older beetles (pre 1966) in SL are 1200s although there were some 1300's too. The later models (after 1967) most commonly have the 1300 engine.

You can pick up a decent post 1967 1300 for around 250-275k easily. That is probably the best option since they have the 12 Volt electrical system.

• 11 months later...

1300 is better and to my knowledge a bit quicker than 1200.........anyone who has one can enlighten us please.

what happened to the campus guy.........has he vanished or is he busy with his new car... would like to hear of any more budget vehicles :rolleyes: