• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lady Driven Cars!

Duncan

Hi everyone

I am sure you must have seen used car sales adverts that read......"lady driven", "owned by a doctor", "hardly used", etc.

I am sure there are people that fall for this, but I have come across quite a few such "drivers" who are the worst possible drivers around. :unsure: Hardly used vehicles can actually be problems waiting to happen.

Cheers

I can put some comments regarding this.. I got 2 cousines (ladies) who use cars, and engines of both the cars are ruined..

how they managed to do that

1) Change gears in low rpm (too freaking low)

2) never ever tune the engine (they say that they ain't got no time for that)

3) never check water or oil except when the car is taken to service

4) doesn't replace shockabsorbers or anythin like that until somethin fall off..

so next time when u see a lady owned car for sale, u got somethings to think about :unsure:

Apparently most lady driven cars are maintained by Daddys, Bros or Boyfriends (a.k.a slavefriends), so guess not all cars are worn out and ruined (If they are, it ain't the lady's fault anyway, coz cars are too freaking complicated, even more so than men) !

so next time when u see a lady owned car for sale, u got somethings to think about :blink:

I honestly never see the point in advertising a car as "lady owned" or "doctor owned." For one thing it's unlikely that the majority(majority)of ladies are interested or as knowledgeable about car maintenance as guys are. Not trying to be sexist, but that's the truth.

And I don't know of many doctors who have the time to be tinkering with their cars, the fact that a doctor would probably be running it a lot and have very little time to give it for maintenance work speaks for itself.

So doctor owned and lady owned, are kind of like an advertisement saying "hardly maintained car for sale." :unsure: Before any ladies or doctors start attacking this, a disclaimer: I'm talking about the majority.

With all due respect to the ladies......

I dont think lady drivers are better than male drivers. They just go on bumps, dont change gears in the proper time, dont check the engines or whatever. "LADY DRIVEN" is a complete flop

what do you guys think of "Engineer Used", "Doctor Used" slogans?

what do you guys think of "Engineer Used", "Doctor Used" slogans?

Engineer used -Too many modifications done, too much parts added

Doctor used -Too many operations done and too many parts missing :D

Would u buy a car that said " Recklessly Driven " :alc:

i will buy as long as i get it a good price ( anyway i dont think any one will buy any car with out checking it's michanical condion right )

any way even if you buy a agents maintained car, still that car can be a worse car than a recklessly driven car ( depending on the road conditions in sri )

just my idea

:D

Apparently most lady driven cars are maintained by Daddys, Bros or Boyfriends (a.k.a slavefriends), so guess not all cars are worn out and ruined (If they are, it ain't the lady's fault anyway, coz cars are too freaking complicated, even more so than men) !

I thought women are the one's who are complicated than cars.. or maybe way over more than cars... maybe even more than rocket engine's... :D

or how about bank manager used cars :P

better off.. how about a Intel representative used car... "no engine inside" ha ha :D:alc::P:action-smiley-060::lol:

I thought women are the one's who are complicated than cars.. or maybe way over more than cars... maybe even more than rocket engine's... :action-smiley-060:

y wud u doubt that? its a known fact...married men (may god hav mercy on their souls) will explain well...fuzzo pls do d needful (use the convertible topic too)

good

as long as u guys check the service history and mechanical reliability, test drive it do the 8 turn and also u have to make % of risk buying a recon or a second hand car.

it will be worst disission or a good one.

thats what i think

i been in that once (buying a second hand car) the car look ok to mee :action-smiley-060:

OK This is a point most ladies use a toyota starlet and in the autolanka classified section there is starlet Which is sparingly used .

WY THE hek would a lady get a bodykit fix 3 sub woofers and 3 amps and components but the seller is a guy I bet there is no women i have seen tht driven by sum guy........

I HOPE PEOPLE NEVER LIE LIKE THT AGAIN

I can put some comments regarding this.. I got 2 cousines (ladies) who use cars, and engines of both the cars are ruined..

how they managed to do that

1) Change gears in low rpm (too freaking low)

2) never ever tune the engine (they say that they ain't got no time for that)

3) never check water or oil except when the car is taken to service

4) doesn't replace shockabsorbers or anythin like that until somethin fall off..

so next time when u see a lady owned car for sale, u got somethings to think about ;)

Well not all ladies fall in to that catagory.. :D

OK This is a point most ladies use a toyota starlet and in the autolanka classified section there is starlet Which is sparingly used .

WY THE hek would a lady get a bodykit fix 3 sub woofers and 3 amps and components but the seller is a guy I bet there is no women i have seen tht driven by sum guy........

I HOPE PEOPLE NEVER LIE LIKE THT AGAIN

WCC, I don't think it's fair to comment on vahicals under AL classified section.

y wud u doubt that? its a known fact...married men (may god hav mercy on their souls) will explain well...fuzzo pls do d needful (use the convertible topic too)

mere words cannot explain these things.. they need to be experienced first hand.

edit: i guess people now know why i'm looking for cars with removable tops :D

Well not all ladies fall in to that catagory.. :D

That was a very moderate response, thot u would take this thread by a storm ;)

WCC, I don't think it's fair to comment on vahicals under AL classified section.

then there's of course "Used by an Enthuciast" lines in the advertisements too!

wonder what it could mean? ;)

That was a very moderate response, thot u would take this thread by a storm ;)

Ha..ha..ha.. I had a busy day..n cant get my blood pressure up again.. :D

Well i dont say i know much abt vehicals but i do take an effort 2 learn when ever possible, and I take full responsibility of maintance as well, I always take it the garage my self and stay there n learn abt what they do..check oil/water once a week..n even da slightest change in da performance I do feel.. ;)