• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

CBR 250RR Repairs

Velocity

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot who i was talkin to...bikes will b harsh on ur back brother...snap out of that dream now! but here's sumthing to ponder on...how temptin is a 0-60mph time of 4.5sec n a 18000 redline? :D

Guys, I've been considering a CBR250RR for a while now and finally, I think I want one. If anybody knows or any decent examples for sale, please holler at your boy. PM me or something.

Guys, I've been considering a CBR250RR for a while now and finally, I think I want one. If anybody knows or any decent examples for sale, please holler at your boy. PM me or something.

u hav to specify trim n budget?ie gullarm or fireblade...engines n riding position r d same...no major difference really...but priced differently...anyways it cant b discussd here...shall let u knw offline if summin comes up

got the first shipment of CBR ( Other crashed bike ) parts

Damn things have been so slow,

The following parts with DUTY and shipping costed my around Rs 159,000.

Yes its a lot because these are brand new parts. 2nd shipment will come with the header and other stuff.

pic17ax.jpg

brand spanking new front discs :angry-smiley-048: Infact the blade had previous accident and owner had gullarm front discs.

Luckily i am able to replace it with new fireblade discs ( Difference - Fireblade discs are newer and the holes are much bigger )

pic21vl.jpg

NO NO LESSON NUMBER 1. Never lend your beloved SPORT BIKE TO YOUR FREIND.

:angry-smiley-048:

and u seem to hav made d mistake twice :angry-smiley-048:

im writin an article on motorcycle water cooling at d moment...i'll post it wen i finish...still lookin for pics...cooling is verrrrrry important on CBR's

im writin an article on motorcycle water cooling at d moment...i'll post it wen i finish...still lookin for pics...cooling is verrrrrry important on CBR's

Is there a cooling unit in the bike or does it work naturally?!

Is there a cooling unit in the bike or does it work naturally?!

it uses the same cooling concept of a car...u'll c it in more detail in my article which shud b due soon if i get clear pics...else i'd hav to draw it myslf :angry-smiley-048:

:angry-smiley-048: Sharkir, I tharshed the 250 and it get's pretty hot, but the cooling fan does work fine, but it gets damn hot.

why is that ?

:action-smiley-060: Sharkir, I tharshed the 250 and it get's pretty hot, but the cooling fan does work fine, but it gets damn hot.

why is that ?

machan d fan doesnt do a brilliant job...bikes notoriously heat up invariably cos of the high revs they undergo...after a thrashing if u jus leav ur bike idling they start to boil...it's a normal occurence...im doin sum research into a possible upgrade to d cooling system...possibly another fan or an alternativ coolant agent...will let u knw on my progress...it wud b easy for me if i had my own bike lol :violent-smiley-099:

on the other hand...jus like a car...u hav to look out for ur water pump, thermostat n gasket...if any of these r bustd ur bike wud heat up excessivly...but i doubt it is d case cos ur bike was hardly run...i'll let u in on more details in my article...

my goodness 159,000 for a handful of parts. i thought bikes are easy to maintain. if you spend a lil bit you could have bought another CBR isn't it???????

amen to that rule number 3

but wudnt it b d same if u buy brand new parts for a car? it wud virtually cost more dan d total value of d car rite?

but wudnt it b d same if u buy brand new parts for a car? it wud virtually cost more dan d total value of d car rite?

true, so its velocitys fault for buing brandnew parts j/k :violent-smiley-099:

machang velocity, can't you buy the brandnew parts locally??? are the prices in singa cheaper than SL???

guys, i've always been a bike fan.. i always loved the cbr's..man, they just sound awesome..but i haven't ridden one.. :unsure:

but i've ridden a yamaha R1 (the blue one) which is 1000cc as all you guys know, about 4 yrs back i think..it was one of feroze omar's bikes..if u remember he had 2 or 3 yamaha R1's, 2 were standard and the other one was modified for racing purposes..man R1 is one awesome bike..it was soooo damn heavy but smooth like hell..however he sold all his R1's but i think he still has one CBR 900cc one wit him..im sure velocity will know what bikes im talking about..he used to get his all bikes things done at mahe's in kotte..

cheers guys :D

true, so its velocitys fault for buing brandnew parts j/k :D

machang velocity, can't you buy the brandnew parts locally??? are the prices in singa cheaper than SL???

machan only around 3-4 CBR *** RR Fireblades in SL. So no parts at all. Also when you buy things like the radiotor and front wheel front discs and the exhausts header its better to buy brand new. In singa 400 RR is very popular even if its out of production,

Sharkir i think best to cool down a bike would be to run on average when you are ready to stop while avaraging revs at around 4000-5000 rpm on a high gear.

i have to go with you there.. if its a car it'll be mroe expensive to replace them with brand new parts... but another thing is if it was a car, you might not have suffered so much damage... in this particular instance, maybe a headlight (or 2) the grill and the bumper maybe....

but i my\ust say maintainign a bike and running it will be dam cheap..

btw, how many KM do you get on a single liter of petrol on a CBR250?.. and now about the other one?

guys, i've always been a bike fan.. i always loved the cbr's..man, they just sound awesome..but i haven't ridden one.. :unsure:

but i've ridden a yamaha R1 (the blue one) which is 1000cc as all you guys know, about 4 yrs back i think..it was one of feroze omar's bikes..if u remember he had 2 or 3 yamaha R1's, 2 were standard and the other one was modified for racing purposes..man R1 is one awesome bike..it was soooo damn heavy but smooth like hell..however he sold all his R1's but i think he still has one CBR 900cc one wit him..im sure velocity will know what bikes im talking about..he used to get his all bikes things done at mahe's in kotte..

cheers guys :D

machan bigger bikes are fun, but nothing like the 250RR and 400 RR. they have a bloody good grunt. Even 600 had deeper end sound. CBR are popular in Sri Lanka due to parts availability and resale value. I checked a fireblade hacked which was selling for 360,000 ( Fella Must Be Mad ). But NSR 250 is the fastest and could eat a CBR for breakfast, I think JAP has one over here.

This is a 929 ( Fuzzo this is not what you sent me. That bike i think has a engine problem ) This is a damn new one )

Its has 154 bhp. 0-100 in 3.7 seconds

929bwsquare5ag.jpg

tapeworksside46at.jpg

kank929rear2ii.jpg

i have to go with you there.. if its a car it'll be mroe expensive to replace them with brand new parts... but another thing is if it was a car, you might not have suffered so much damage... in this particular instance, maybe a headlight (or 2) the grill and the bumper maybe....

but i my\ust say maintainign a bike and running it will be dam cheap..

btw, how many KM do you get on a single liter of petrol on a CBR250?.. and now about the other one?

well i think around 20, it should work more if you dont rev it up that much.