• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15 Air Bag Issue.... (urgent)

PrasaP

I am looking to buy FB15 1999 model car. But it have a problem at Airbag. left side Airbag have little damage. what could be the reason fot it. owner said it is due to heat. is it correct??? reply soon...

An airbag is usually deployed if during a crash at a certain speed limit which is detected by an accelerometer otherwise not, some chemical inflates the air bag i think this chemical is triggered by heat which causes it to inflate the airbag.

What do you mean a problem with the airbag? Does the airbag indicator show up? I dont think regular warm conditions have any effect on the airbag sys.

Can you spot any signs of a collision in the car? I dont think airbag repair jobs are cheap, and also FB15's are one of the most common models in the market, so why not go for a another car if this one dosent have any specialty?

anyways wait for some more comments from other guys and decide on this.

Cheers!

Edited by Killer-B

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Mar 30 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An airbag is usually deployed if during a crash at a certain speed limit which is detected by an accelerometer otherwise not, some chemical inflates the air bag i think this chemical is triggered by heat which causes it to inflate the airbag.

What do you mean a problem with the airbag? Does the airbag indicator show up? I dont think regular warm conditions have any effect on the airbag sys.

Can you spot any signs of a collision in the car? I dont think airbag repair jobs are cheap, and also FB15's are one of the most common models in the market, so why not go for a another car if this one dosent have any specialty?

anyways wait for some more comments from other guys and decide on this.

Cheers!

he refers to a facial damages of the passenger side air bag which happens mostly due to heat. The dashboard/covering material used to rip off a bit and causes this and it's mostly seen on non-tropicalized versions.

I am looking to buy FB15 1999 model car. But it have a problem at Airbag. left side Airbag have little damage. what could be the reason fot it. owner said it is due to heat. is it correct??? reply soon...

machan whats your budget? coz there'z a 99 model FB 15 in good condition, if want to know any details PM me

I think you'r talking about a damage on Air bag cover. Not the airbag :rolleyes:

You can easily find a secondhand replacement for this at Delkanda...

What's his asking price?

I recommend 2000+ FB 15's.

99 model's fuel consumption is not that good as I know.

I think you'r talking about a damage on Air bag cover. Not the airbag :rolleyes:

You can easily find a secondhand replacement for this at Delkanda...

What's his asking price?

I recommend 2000+ FB 15's.

99 model's fuel consumption is not that good as I know.

well... mate everything depends upon the condition of the car, cuz all the FB15's are having da same engine IMO

well... mate everything depends upon the condition of the car, cuz all the FB15's are having da same engine IMO

I can't agree with you mate.

FB 15 engines may look like it's same in all cars. But it's not.

2000+ Engines are equipped with lean burn technology, which are more fuel efficient than 99 models.

Edited by Sha7

I can't agree with you mate.

FB 15 engines may look like it's same in all cars. But it's not.

2000+ Engines are equipped with lean burn technology, which are more fuel efficient than 99 models.

but my friends FB15 is a 99 model and it does around 8-9 during heavy traffic hours in colombo