• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pocket Wizard

Hi all

Hate to open a thread for such a small thing but

Just a quick question, Does anyone know where I can buy Pocket wizard plus ii Wireless transmitters in Colombo? I was to go to Singapore but doesnt seem it will work out so I'm trying to source it locally.

Thanks

There is a place in Wattala near Rippers, if he can find it :P

heh heh...actually i've been there and checked out the joint :) quite the barnyard find...and in this case it's behind a hardware shop :)

thinking of investing in a set of studio strobes very soon :)

you can call em up on 11 2930257 or 112934846

Place is called Orient Electronics... they specialize in Metz flashes and at one point have been the sole agents for them.

have heard nothing but great reviews from almost all pro photographers i've worked with so you should be in good hands :)

address is 360, Hendala, wattala...

basically when you get to hendala junction on negombo road...you gotta make a left turn if you're coming from colombo into alakanda road...

go straight down about a 200metres or so and the road should take a slight left bend...

the shop is onto your left just passing this bend... there's a Metz sign board outside and nothing more show it's a camera joint...

looks more like a normal hardware with antennas and stuff on display...

if you see a temple on to your left... you have passed the shop by a 50ft or so...

Edited by Ripper

heh heh...actually i've been there and checked out the joint :) quite the barnyard find...and in this case it's behind a hardware shop :)

thinking of investing in a set of studio strobes very soon :)

you can call em up on 11 2930257 or 112934846

Place is called Orient Electronics... they specialize in Metz flashes and at one point have been the sole agents for them.

have heard nothing but great reviews from almost all pro photographers i've worked with so you should be in good hands :)

address is 360, Hendala, wattala...

basically when you get to hendala junction on negombo road...you gotta make a left turn if you're coming from colombo into alakanda road...

go straight down about a 200metres or so and the road should take a slight left bend...

the shop is onto your left just passing this bend... there's a Metz sign board outside and nothing more show it's a camera joint...

looks more like a normal hardware with antennas and stuff on display...

if you see a temple on to your left... you have passed the shop by a 50ft or so...

:rolleyes: thanks machan. I was there in the morning. tried calling, no answer. maybe they are closed for good friday. what a shame, must try and go on monday or so.

:rolleyes: thanks machan. I was there in the morning. tried calling, no answer. maybe they are closed for good friday. what a shame, must try and go on monday or so.

yep...they are catholics i think...

but a friend said they might not have what you're after...

he said you might be a able get a cheapo optical slave though...

anyways...you can call em up on saturday cos they are open from 9 to 1...