• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Canopy & Paint For 4dr5 Jeep

Nishan.dj

Question

Hello everyone..

I want to get my J44 jeep painted and get the canopy (A/C Canopy) done. What will be the best way of doing it?

1. Paint first

2. Do Canopy

or

1. Do Canopy

2. then Paint

and also I want to know places that do these 2 things best with also for reasonable prices. I hope you have information and if so please reply. Thanks indeed.

Nishan

9 answers to this question

Pain first.

If you fit your canopy 1st you'll get paint all over it (and besides you wont be able to paint the canopy frame... Anyway when you paint a jeep you remove the canopy. So wouldnt make sense to fit it, just ot be removed soon after :)

Paint it first..... After fixing the canopy if you want u cn do a small touch up.......

What is the paint your look in for Mat or 2k?

Bt dnt thnik this is the correct time to do a paint.... coz of the rain...... with the awrudu you might nt be able to catch the guys to do it.

N.. it doest hav to be a 2K paint but if you dont mind spending a bit more i guess it wouldnt be a waste :)

Thanks Dilesh

But do you know a place where I can get the canopy done well? I have AC too. So the canopy must be a good one as I guess... Thanks again.

Thanks Dilesh

But do you know a place where I can get the canopy done well? I have AC too. So the canopy must be a good one as I guess... Thanks again.

Sorry dude,

I dont know a place to recommend, but to put a bit of my 2 cents into it.. As i know there's another type of canopy which comes with a metal foil layering between the outer (roof) canvas and in the inside lining to keep the heat out of the cabin area. Since you've got an AC unit fitted you might want to look into that. :)

All the best!

Sorry dude,

I dont know a place to recommend, but to put a bit of my 2 cents into it.. As i know there's another type of canopy which comes with a metal foil layering between the outer (roof) canvas and in the inside lining to keep the heat out of the cabin area. Since you've got an AC unit fitted you might want to look into that. :)

All the best!

Yes I will need that kind of a canopy...

Yes I will need that kind of a canopy...

as i know if theres something like glass wool in between the two canopies the effects from the heat will be minimal ur a/c would keep the cool much better but the cost would be high, btw hw much would thew dual a/c unit would cost for a 4dr5 when my jeeps body wrks r finished in gonna put 1