• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cold Start Problem

maheshw8

Question

hi guys,

i have a starlet gt, and i got a problem, that cold start is bit hard, :unsure: and it starts with slow RPM and after 2 or 3 seconds engine comes to the normal RPM.

is that problem with starter motor or ditributor,, and i still didnt do a tune up after engine swap. :rolleyes:

guys please give me some advice in this issue, and i want to know the best place for tune ups also.

thanx

bye.

1 answer to this question

if u did an engine swap i think u should check ur ECU settings and cold start sensors.. as moving from an N/A setting to a turbo setting makes things much different.. however the RPM thing is i think its normal.. not sure...

how does the engine crank over... is its smooth.. if it is.. then its not the starter motor or the battery.,. check ur ignition coil for leaks and plugs and plug wires.. i had a similaer problem in the car and turned out to be a leak in the ignition coil.

if that is ok then its an air/fuel thing.. check ur air intakes and filter.. then check the fuel pressure at the cold start..