• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

F.e.a.r

This outstanding shooter combines creepy horror with kinetic and visceral action, and it elevates the genre to a whole new level of intensity.

When you get down to it, the gun is the heart and soul of a first-person shooter. Even the genre's name alludes to this fact. Yet while shooters have been around for more than a decade, very few of them have actually captured the visceral experience of firing a gun. It's an intense and violent act, not to mention loud. Enter F.E.A.R., the highly anticipated action game from Vivendi Universal Games and developer Monolith. F.E.A.R. is a shooter that captures the sensation of being in wild and desperate firefights like no other game before it, and it's an incredible, kinetic, almost exhausting experience from start to finish. More than that, though, is the fact that it's also one of the most atmospheric and creepy games ever made, as well as one of the most intense shooters that you'll play this year.

F.E.A.R. is easily one of the creepiest and most atmospheric shooters ever made. You'll also battle some amazingly smart opponents.

The challenge in describing F.E.A.R. is trying to avoid any spoilers, because this is definitely a game that you want to experience unspoiled. What we can tell you is that you play as the newest member of the First Encounter Assault Recon, the military's top-secret task force assigned to deal with paranormal situations. And the mission in F.E.A.R. certainly counts as above and beyond the regular call of duty. As explained in the opening cinematic (which is also game's only third-person cutscene), a military commander named Paxton Fettel goes insane and takes command of a secret army of cloned soldiers that are telepathically linked to him. Fettel and the battalion of elite soldiers then go on the rampage in a nondescript American city. They appear to be searching for something, though their objective is a mystery. It's up to you and the rest of the F.E.A.R. team, along with units of Delta Force, to find out what it is they're looking for and stop them.

F.E.A.R. works because it elevates first-person shooter combat to cinematic levels. And while we've certainly seen games with movie-quality combat before, you've never seen anything quite like this. Playing F.E.A.R. is like battling through a John Woo movie like Face/Off, because when firefights happen in this game, they're downright glorious to behold. Bullets tear chunks out of concrete and wood; blinding clouds of dust and debris fill the air; bodies are torn apart or slump on the ground; and the deathly silence of the aftermath contrasts so sharply with the sheer chaos that erupted only moments before. Gunfights in F.E.A.R. just feel right.

Part of the reason for that is because the weapons that you have in the game feel powerful, like weapons should. You have the standard fare of guns to play around with, including a pistol, submachine gun, assault rifle, shotgun, and rocket launcher. There's also a scoped, burst-firing rifle that's a dead ringer for the Master Chief's battle rifle in Halo 2; an incredibly nasty particle weapon that sears the flesh off of opponents; and a few other special toys. All of these weapons, even the pistols, pack an incredibly satisfying punch and are capable of putting down opponents quickly (you can even dual-wield the pistols, for that extra John Woo-style gunfight action). This goes against the genre's convention, since most shooters usually scale weapons on a curve, with the smaller and lighter ones being next to useless later on in the game. That's not the case in F.E.A.R., and virtually every gun you use can tear up the place.

Combat simply looks and feels spectacular, because the environment looks like it's flying apart due to all the bullets.

You can't run around like a pack rat carrying every weapon, though, because F.E.A.R. limits you to only three weapons at a time. This is a familiar gameplay mechanic, but it's a good one, as you have to weigh the pros and cons of each weapon. Obviously, you'd like to have a close-range weapon, a decent long-range weapon, and a heavy weapon for those special encounters, but it's tempting when the game offers you a rocket launcher or a repeating cannon that you weren't expecting. At that point, something has to be sacrificed. In addition to guns, you also have grenades in your arsenal. And unlike most shooters, in which you have to equip grenades separately prior to using them, the grenades in F.E.A.R. can be readily thrown at the press of a button. This eliminates the need to fumble around with your inventory, and it opens up your tactical playbook, as you can toss a grenade without a moment's hesitation and force the enemy to react

fear9jt.th.jpg

10lu1.th.jpg

118pn.th.jpg

120ki.th.jpg

137cs.th.jpg

143zp.th.jpg

155al.th.jpg

166sd.th.jpg

171rc.th.jpg

184oq.th.jpg

196iy.th.jpg

1100my.th.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this on PC or PS or X?? anyone have a pirate copy :D as yet?

PC

yes im playing the game , those r my pics, n got a pirate dvd copy,,, super game n the sound effects r very scary .. n its like a watching a horror movie some times little girl run across the screen.. like in the Ring.. bt cant shoot her

PC

yes im playing the game , those r my pics, n got a pirate dvd copy,,, super game n the sound effects r very scary .. n its like a watching a horror movie some times little girl run across the screen.. like in the Ring.. bt cant shoot her

Damn ur graphics cars must be really good to play it on pc. I only got a 32mb vga :D

Damn ur graphics cars must be really good to play it on pc. I only got a 32mb vga :D

yeah im using Leadtek WinFast A6600 GT TDH GeForce 6600GT AGP 8X 128MB DDR3 Video Card w bt its a bit old card abt 8 months. so i cant set the graphic quality to ultra high. nw i want to buy eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card bt my main board does not support pcx so need to update the mainboard , cpu, n ram .. anyway i dnt have enough money to do that :)

vga - 315 us$

yeah im using Leadtek WinFast A6600 GT TDH GeForce 6600GT AGP 8X 128MB DDR3 Video Card w bt its a bit old card abt 8 months. so i cant set the graphic quality to ultra high. nw i want to buy eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card bt my main board does not support pcx so need to update the mainboard , cpu, n ram .. anyway i dnt have enough money to do that :(

vga - 315 us$

Hey Bro,,,, It looks Very fear to me …& machan I tried today In Digi Media & Pro media … they doesn’t have that Game …. Have to try at MC & Liberty too >>>

Ohh!! Your idea is B) Cool to buy a …256Mb VGA with Ge Force 7900 …. & Im using a Nvidia 256Mb Ge Force 5500FX…. & a 512 ram … Is it OK <_< for this game…& can I Get freaky :o when Im playing this game ../…

Hey Bro,,,, It looks Very fear to me …& machan I tried today In Digi Media & Pro media … they doesn’t have that Game …. Have to try at MC & Liberty too >>>

Ohh!! Your idea is B) Cool to buy a …256Mb VGA with Ge Force 7900 …. & Im using a Nvidia 256Mb Ge Force 5500FX…. & a 512 ram … Is it OK <_< for this game…& can I Get freaky :o when Im playing this game ../…

try at cd wimana nugegoda,,, n i have nvidia FX5700 Ultra 256Mb Ram in one of my cliant computer bt there is a big difference between 5 series 6 series n 7 series

eg in 5 series max Anisotropic Filtering is 8X bt in 6 series 16X n my personal idea is for 5 n 6 series 128 memory is enough bt u need more than 512 main memory...

anyway Nvidia is the best :(

try at cd wimana nugegoda,,, n i have nvidia FX5700 Ultra 256Mb Ram in one of my cliant computer bt there is a big difference between 5 series 6 series n 7 series

eg in 5 series max Anisotropic Filtering is 8X bt in 6 series 16X n my personal idea is for 5 n 6 series 128 memory is enough bt u need more than 512 main memory...

anyway Nvidia is the best :(

Tanx Gihan.... Have to think about a Ge Force 7900 from today..... <_<

machan gihan i played the demo n its f**king awesome...even if u kick a bucket every1's alert!i need a big favour tho...wud u b able to make a copy of the game for me?plssss????i cant seem to find a copy wit a workin installation <_<

machan gihan i played the demo n its f**king awesome...even if u kick a bucket every1's alert!i need a big favour tho...wud u b able to make a copy of the game for me?plssss????i cant seem to find a copy wit a workin installation :(

yeah i can give u the dvd so u can copy or install the game.. cus i dnt have a DVD Writer... <_<

n these day im getting lots of new games.... so less time in autolanka B)

here r some great video cars that i used...

Nvidia Ti 4200 128 MB

19sh.th.jpg29dc.th.jpg

38zz1.th.jpg

Nvidia FX 5700 Ultra 256 MB

a1vn.th.jpg

b6zn.th.jpgc8uj.th.jpg

if u want u can buy good 7 series card for low rate.. eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card w/DVI-I 183 US$

i think this is a good card

Wow,,,,, :angry-smiley-048::blink: That game is awesome …. Yesterday I bought it from CD Wimana Nugegoda…..& I bought the Tomb Raider Legend too….Still didn't play that >>>

& Bro ,,Still I don't want a new VGA ….Coz having a 256Mb Ge force 5500 is Ok for now…Any way thank you for telling me about this eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card w/DVI-I 183 US$.....Have to tell my farther…. :angry-smiley-048:

*But like to go for a 256 MB Ge Force 7900 GTX Strait away :action-smiley-060:

Wow,,,,, :blink::blink: That game is awesome …. Yesterday I bought it from CD Wimana Nugegoda…..& I bought the Tomb Raider Legend too….Still didn't play that >>>

& Bro ,,Still I don't want a new VGA ….Coz having a 256Mb Ge force 5500 is Ok for now…Any way thank you for telling me about this eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card w/DVI-I 183 US$.....Have to tell my farther…. :violent-smiley-030:

*But like to go for a 256 MB Ge Force 7900 GTX Strait away :D

nw i decide to buy the last AGP card ( Nvidia 7800 GS 256 MB ) cus that will be the last ,best AGP card... bt u can buy new PCX cards..

machan gihan i played the demo n its f**king awesome...even if u kick a bucket every1's alert!i need a big favour tho...wud u b able to make a copy of the game for me?plssss????i cant seem to find a copy wit a workin installation :)

yo bro where did you get the demo from? can i down load this? Do you know if this comes on PS2 or XBOX?

yo bro where did you get the demo from? can i down load this? Do you know if this comes on PS2 or XBOX?

im not sure abt xbox but it shud b on ps2...i downloaded d demo from www.gamespot.com...its worth it

im not sure abt xbox but it shud b on ps2...i downloaded d demo from www.gamespot.com...its worth it

Itried to download but gave up half way cos it took ages to download just 5% of the game, shall try overnight..

yeah im using Leadtek WinFast A6600 GT TDH GeForce 6600GT AGP 8X 128MB DDR3 Video Card w bt its a bit old card abt 8 months. so i cant set the graphic quality to ultra high. nw i want to buy eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card bt my main board does not support pcx so need to update the mainboard , cpu, n ram .. anyway i dnt have enough money to do that :D

vga - 315 us$

Do u have any idea how much a GeForce Fx-5200 128Mb cost here? and would it be able to play games like most wanted?

Do u have any idea how much a GeForce Fx-5200 128Mb cost here? and would it be able to play games like most wanted?

i jus saw one in d papers for 3k...funny u shud ask...i dnt knw its potential tho...

Edited by sharkster

dont buy 5200 its not a good card bt u can buy 6200 128 around 5000 to 6000 rs bt not sure, its a good card u can play any game . 6 graphic engine is better than the 5 engine.

dont buy 5200 its not a good card bt u can buy 6200 128 around 5000 to 6000 rs bt not sure, its a good card u can play any game . 6 graphic engine is better than the 5 engine.

on wat level of detail can u play wit dis card...im in d market for a new card...dont want to spend too much