• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

E34 518i

Shenny

hi all,

im wondering whether to go for a 518i, i love the model, not seen a car as yet, wondering whether to go for it and whether it's practical, i would appreciate it if i could get some insight into the model and general maintenance of the car.

thanks

shenny

• 9 months later...

hi all,

im wondering whether to go for a 518i, i love the model, not seen a car as yet, wondering whether to go for it and whether it's practical, i would appreciate it if i could get some insight into the model and general maintenance of the car.

thanks

shenny

The e34 is indeed a beautiful car, since these cars are old maintenance expense is high. even though it is a 1.8ltr engine

the car drinks fuel since the car is big and there is a lot of strain on the engine. I would suggest you look around for

an e34 525i with the m50 engine on it. it is worth the money you are willing to spend and sure is hell fun driving them

around. If u do find one see around for its service records especially on these kind of cars.

as i said maintenance has to be regular or you will have alot of problems with this model considering its age

I agree on the 518i being under powered. You wouldn't want a performance sedan with an under powered engine. Go for atleast a 520i or above.There are some e34's which are used in immaculate condition, try to get ur hands on one of these. Also, since the car goes between 1.0 - 1.5 mill, there are so many ppl buying these cars cheaply and hacking. The rule of thumb for buying a european car is to buy one off a enthusiate, a person who takes care of the vehicle. If so, u can enjoy trouble free motoring for a longer period.

• Like 1

I totally second rangerover. Best is to get a car thats a 520i or above and that has been maintained well. There are a few out there, but the selling prices would be high than the normal average market price as they have been maintained and well looked after. Please look out for a car that has a good history of records.