• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unstable Idle

Chris0628

Hi guys..... has anyone come across where the Carina (Ti - Auto) is put into Neutral the idle keeps going up & down.

900 to abt 1800 then back down to 900 ....& so on

Not with the Carina. But in EK3 did a throttle body clean, new air filter and used 3M fuel system cleaner till bottle ends. Didn't had any issue so far and had notable difference in performance.

Thanks machan... in this case the CEL is also on....

Is it check light? Well when i bought the car some time back, once when I drive felt sudden jerk in the car with RPM drop. In idle RPM meter goes up and down like mad. Then check light came and RPM drop stops. But I noticed the Econo mode in EK did not turned on. Took to Staff.Mot and check they said low voltage in TPS. And said tune up would do the job. And also recommended immediate battery change, which I did with in two days. Nothing happened after that.

So i think your case also some thing to do with , Airflow, filters, sensors. Check them first

Is it check light? Well when i bought the car some time back, once when I drive felt sudden jerk in the car with RPM drop. In idle RPM meter goes up and down like mad. Then check light came and RPM drop stops. But I noticed the Econo mode in EK did not turned on. Took to Staff.Mot and check they said low voltage in TPS. And said tune up would do the job. And also recommended immediate battery change, which I did with in two days. Nothing happened after that.

So i think your case also some thing to do with , Airflow, filters, sensors. Check them first

Thanks machan... i'll get that done first