• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Some Advice

Shrapnel

Hi fellow Subaru fans! :D

Total newbie just hit your level of the stratosphere of coolness with a B4 TT.......

I have questions(duh) :action-smiley-060:

1) where can one find the most mundane stuff for the B4 (i.e Oil Filter,Air Filter,Brake pads,shocks,wipers,17inch lo-profile tires,Subaru Stock tool kit,Stock Subaru carpets) other than from the agents?

2) where can one find English manuals for the car and its stock stereo/SatNav?

3) What part number and makes of oil filter/Air filter/Brake pads/shocks/tires will go with the B4?

4) what service/detailing places do u recommend other than the agents?

5) where can I remap my ECU to have the Turbos kick in late?

Love the handling of the car;it's a joy to drive after a hard day's work......the faces of other "sporty-lookin',modkit-heavy" car drivers are priceless when I leave them eating my exhaust fumes!!! :angry-smiley-048:

I think I covered most of what people always wanted to ask but thought just "naaahhh" :rolleyes:

Welcome.. it sure is cool up here, isn't it? ;)

Any particular reason you wanna avoid going to the agents? There are a couple of other places (can't name names here) which handle B4's and they should be able to source any and all parts you might need. Is your car missing a lot of this stuff or has it been modified with aftermarket bits? As for the owners manual in English, I wouldn't mind getting one of those myself. All the major brands offer tyres in the standard size (215/45 17) and you should be able to get a decent discount on a set, if you buy direct from the agents. You want the turbo to come in later(??) the B4 TT set up already suffers from lag and a big hole between when the primary and secondary turbos come in. IF your goal is to improve the fuel economy in some way, I wouldn't bother. That said, there is apparently a re-map that makes it run better on the (lower octane) fuel available here. Sorry I can't be more helpful with specifics, sure others will chime in with more..

Do share some details of your car.. YOM, colour, auto/man etc.

Good luck! :grinning-smiley-003:

Hi fellow Subaru fans! :D

Total newbie just hit your level of the stratosphere of coolness with a B4 TT.......

I have questions(duh) :action-smiley-060:

1) where can one find the most mundane stuff for the B4 (i.e Oil Filter,Air Filter,Brake pads,shocks,wipers,17inch lo-profile tires,Subaru Stock tool kit,Stock Subaru carpets) other than from the agents?

2) where can one find English manuals for the car and its stock stereo/SatNav?

3) What part number and makes of oil filter/Air filter/Brake pads/shocks/tires will go with the B4?

4) what service/detailing places do u recommend other than the agents?

5) where can I remap my ECU to have the Turbos kick in late?

Love the handling of the car;it's a joy to drive after a hard day's work......the faces of other "sporty-lookin',modkit-heavy" car drivers are priceless when I leave them eating my exhaust fumes!!! :angry-smiley-048:

I think I covered most of what people always wanted to ask but thought just "naaahhh" :rolleyes:

Welcome.. it sure is cool up here, isn't it? ;)

Any particular reason you wanna avoid going to the agents? There are a couple of other places (can't name names here) which handle B4's and they should be able to source any and all parts you might need. Is your car missing a lot of this stuff or has it been modified with aftermarket bits? As for the owners manual in English, I wouldn't mind getting one of those myself. All the major brands offer tyres in the standard size (215/45 17) and you should be able to get a decent discount on a set, if you buy direct from the agents. You want the turbo to come in later(??) the B4 TT set up already suffers from lag and a big hole between when the primary and secondary turbos come in. IF your goal is to improve the fuel economy in some way, I wouldn't bother. That said, there is apparently a re-map that makes it run better on the (lower octane) fuel available here. Sorry I can't be more helpful with specifics, sure others will chime in with more..

Do share some details of your car.. YOM, colour, auto/man etc.

Good luck! :grinning-smiley-003:

Thank you LaZyBoY for the welcome-YES it is pretty cool UP HERE!(I managed to turn quite a few heads of the female persuasion while breezing down our auto-barngs :D

No issue with the agents-I just love to have some options when doing things(besides it's a bit of a pilgrimage to see the agents from where I live)Perhaps you can PM me about those "coupla places",huh?

I went thru a Jap site for B4 and they mentioned an official Subaru tool kit for the B4-mine's missing that...the manual is in Japanese...mine is a JDM model so all the dashboard knobs are in gobbledigook....mine has SatNav(useless here-as we speak).....stereo is stock Macintosh-again all twiddly bits in Jap.....thankfully mine has that brushed metal trim to the dash rather than the ghastly faux-marble decor....seats are full leather(black n blue-dirty kangaroo :P )

The idea behind late-kickin' turbos was not mine, to be honest...a friend suggested that it might be a neat trick to tame the gas-guzzler.What kinda octane should I feed this baby?Do all you guys pump premium petrol to your rides????

Okay here's a blurb on my ride; 1999 Subaru Legacy B4 Bilstein silver sequential twin turbo Triptonic 90K odo kept good by the previous master...that has to do for now until I get some pics sorted out...

Guys--advice,suggestions,raves and rants are welcome!!

THINK FEEL DRIVE

S U B A R U