• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Got An "exhausts" Question For The Gurus!

hefraz

Question

I have an auto car, and wish to derive a little more power.

I am aware that a "Cat" is restrictive and when removed does have some benefits in terms of perfomance.

Could anyone advise me on what would be the outcome if I remove the "Cat" but retain the standard end barrel?

I dislike the big noise most cars make with thier beat barrels and all but would like the perfomance..

Any advise on this?

thanks in advance for reading and for the comments!

12 answers to this question

I have an auto car, and wish to derive a little more power.

I am aware that a "Cat" is restrictive and when removed does have some benefits in terms of perfomance.

Could anyone advise me on what would be the outcome if I remove the "Cat" but retain the standard end barrel?

I dislike the big noise most cars make with thier beat barrels and all but would like the perfomance..

Any advise on this?

thanks in advance for reading and for the comments!

Removing the catalytic converter and running the stock tail barrel will result in no change to performance.. cars that have a sensor attached to the thing for emission.. could see very very slight drop in fuel economy.

Without running a full straight through you will not have any notable performance gains..

If noise is a problem.. then no use talking about performance.. Anyway I guess in an auto its best to leave it as it is without any mods besides the car will be a head ache to drive with a straight though as you will not have any power on low revs...

All hail the stick shfit!!

I agree with Pila.

In any vehicle simply changing the exhaust will not give any notable increase in power. However, if the entire breathing system is completed with a performance exhaust complimented with a matching performance air intake system, then some improvement will be felt. This too will not hamper your economy that much depending on how heavy footed you drive.

Cheers

I agree with Pila.

In any vehicle simply changing the exhaust will not give any notable increase in power. However, if the entire breathing system is completed with a performance exhaust complimented with a matching performance air intake system, then some improvement will be felt. This too will not hamper your economy that much depending on how heavy footed you drive.

Cheers

Very true. Irridium spark plugs and performance leads would give you a little bit more oomph as well..

Whats your car BTW?

hey where can u get these iridium plugs,Wat performance gain do u get

First of all which vehicle are you gonna use these on..You don't get a drastic Horse power gain on average car as these are for high revving cars which produce more heat.

Yes my car is a Carina GT, and I have done most of the perfomance additions that will add me some ponies..

Got a KNN Pod, Iridiums plugs (brought from Sg, but is available at Aristons), 3M injector clean up, planning on shining my Throttle body tomorrow as well.

I know the exhaust is restirctive so you guys advice me not to touch my exhausts as its an auto?

Yes my car is a Carina GT, and I have done most of the perfomance additions that will add me some ponies..

Got a KNN Pod, Iridiums plugs (brought from Sg, but is available at Aristons), 3M injector clean up, planning on shining my Throttle body tomorrow as well.

I know the exhaust is restirctive so you guys advice me not to touch my exhausts as its an auto?

Yeah might as well leave it.. :D How do you plan on 'shining' your TB? You got 4 of them by the way..

I am doing it as for general maintenance, wish to improve FC, Giving it to a garage to get it done.

How do they plan on doing it? It's not very straight foward as in other cars.. anyway good luck, let us know how it goes