• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Stalls

chamindaa

Question

All,

I drive a Nissan Cefiro A 32 and lately the engine stalls while driving. I got D*MO to do a engine tuneup and for a while it was ok. Then I started getting the problem and I put the car to A*W. They checked the system with the CONSULT and said there is nothing wrong with the system and found a loose connection of the socket which connects to my MAF sensor. Plugged it in and ran for a day. The engine stalled in the middle of the road again. I restarted it and there were no issues and the car would start to move. Took to A*W again the following day and they ran a full electrical system check up. No issues were found and they suggested I change the Ignition Coils all 6 of them. I'm looking at over 60K for all 6 coils. I do not get a miss but at time when I throttle the car takes a moment to kick in and I feel a drag. However after a few seconds the car gives the power and starts to move. Went to my local mechanic and he recommended I change the fuel pump. Took a second hand one and ran for a day with no luck. Now I'm out of options. My mechanic says the Ignition coils cannot be bad as A*W says and he says it might be the ECU. My question to all here is what am I looking at here? If it's the ECU where can i get a second hand one?

2 answers to this question

After a bit of looking around in Panchikawatta I found a guy who was willing to lend me a ECU to test and see. Unfortunatly the models were incompatible and we gave up the idea. Luckily he had a set of ignition coils and was willing to lend it to me to test. The performance improved but did not solve the problem. My electrician suggested that I change the MAF sensor and found a place at Keaniya which had a second hand part. Replaced my MAF and the car runs like a beauty. After a few negotiations and persuations I settled for 5 coils and the MAF sensor for 39K. I can now happily say mission accomplished. :)

After a bit of looking around in Panchikawatta I found a guy who was willing to lend me a ECU to test and see. Unfortunatly the models were incompatible and we gave up the idea. Luckily he had a set of ignition coils and was willing to lend it to me to test. The performance improved but did not solve the problem. My electrician suggested that I change the MAF sensor and found a place at Keaniya which had a second hand part. Replaced my MAF and the car runs like a beauty. After a few negotiations and persuations I settled for 5 coils and the MAF sensor for 39K. I can now happily say mission accomplished. :)

thanks for sharing that mate and glad the car is ok :)