• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

Somebody quoted me;

1300 Yaris (Belta) - 2007 from japan for 3.1mil (Selling price in SL)

990 Yaris - 2007 from Japan for 2.8mil (Selling Price in SL)

both are under 30,000 Km

and also found several 2008 Jap vehicles in j*panesev*hicles.com

Toyota Axio (141) - 2008 (30,000km) - FOB 12900 USD

Toyota Allion ZRT 265 - 2008 (20,000km) - FOB 15000 USD

Toyota Vios MR5 - 2008 (36,000km) - FOB 16500 USD

Does anybody have any idea about what will be total price for the above 3 vehicles; axio, allion, vios if I bought online and bring to SL?

and also found several 2008 Jap vehicles in j*panesev*hicles.com

Toyota Axio (141) - 2008 (30,000km) - FOB 12900 USD

Toyota Allion ZRT 265 - 2008 (20,000km) - FOB 15000 USD

Toyota Vios MR5 - 2008 (36,000km) - FOB 16500 USD

Does anybody have any idea about what will be total price for the above 3 vehicles; axio, allion, vios if I bought online and bring to SL?

thanks for the URL

I came across a new school of thought. Since selling the vehicle is difficult, and the car is fully insured, write off the car and collect that money and buy a new one. :D

Of course, this chap supposes he'll get the full amount from the insurance, which he wouldn't be thinking if he's been reading the forums lately.

But it does open up a new thought line about the values of cars.

Brilliant as it may sound, this plan will fail. The Insurance buggers are always a step ahead. They will quot the 'current' market value and give you exactly that... you will end up losing the car and a huge chunk off your initial investment.

I have decided to wait this out to sell the truck.

i was thinking the same time.. and this wasnt the 1st time on this thread that maruti prices showed up (and with so much details too)... fishy!

And honestly reading the specs on those cars really does feel like ur reading about something from 20 years ago. The highest spec car boasts a roof mounted radio antena..wow!

OT

lol, my 28 year old 504GR had better features ;) I honestly think they shouldn't do this. It's showing how poor specifications these cars having over Japanese and even Chinese vehicles.

Being curious, I haven't seen the room lamps/door lights, parking lights and instrument panel on the spec list. may be optional, yeah ;)

i actually thought this was yours, sold on!

its shocking given that its started off at 2.25 if i recall right , then down to 1.85 , there after advertised in the papers at 1.75 (if i recall right) & now down to 1.6 odd ! :o

all in space of a month or less mind u! :blink:

No Machang... mine actually had a confirmed buyer who advanced also... but then it seems he has changed his mind. So now I am stuck with the truck and his advance... :)

So this weekend, gonna get her serviced and start using her again.

Yeah... this guy just ruined my chances.

Brilliant as it may sound, this plan will fail. The Insurance buggers are always a step ahead. They will quot the 'current' market value and give you exactly that... you will end up losing the car and a huge chunk off your initial investment.

I have decided to wait this out to sell the truck.

exactly my point was VVTI, further this 'current' market value on their books could be lesser than the actual.

exactly my point was VVTI, further this 'current' market value on their books could be lesser than the actual.

Yep. Insurance is a necessary evil these days. I weaned ourselvef off V*P nonsense. I took AMANA for the FIAT and it worked out to less than 70% of the V*P quote with the same features.

V*P wanted 130K, AMANA did it for 92k... :)

Edited by VVTi

Just spoke to A*W regading the new Nissan Tiida and the Xtrail.

Nissan Tiida Before was 7.7M and now its around 5.5M

and the Xtrail was 13M before and now its 10.6M.

couldnt imagine when i heard the Tiida being sold at 7.7M coz my uncle bought the same thang for his permit for 2.3M :angry-smiley-048:

as most guys said u wont get a decent car under the 2M bracket.. :mellow:

Unreg.

Toyota Axio NZE 141 / 2007 / 1500cc = 3.8Mn

Toyota Belta SCP92 / 2007 / 1300cc = 3.0Mn

Toyota Rush J200E 2WD / 2007 / 1500cc = 4.0 Mn

Car sale in Kandy.

Got this from R*D Trading

TOYOTA VITZ KSP90 -990cc

YEAR 2007

22,50,000/= Rs.

SUZUKI SWIFT ZC11S,ZC71S - 1300cc

YEAR 2007

23,00,000/= Rs.

SUZUKI ALTO - 660cc

YEAR 2007

22,25,000/= Rs.

HONDA FIT - 1300cc

YEAR 2007

22,00,000/= Rs.

TOYOTA ALLION NZE260 - 1500cc

YEAR 2007

48,50,000/= Rs.

TOYOTA ALLION NZE240 - 1500cc

YEAR 2007

43,00,000/= Rs.

Unreg.

Toyota Axio NZE 141 / 2007 / 1500cc = 3.8Mn

Toyota Belta SCP92 / 2007 / 1300cc = 3.0Mn

Toyota Rush J200E 2WD / 2007 / 1500cc = 4.0 Mn

Car sale in Kandy.

I think Axio's X Grade should come to around 3.4.

Was 3.8 Mn for a G grade car?

definite sign of the panic of the vehicle owners, for sure the second hand market is collapsing dramatically, you will see. New Japanese vehicles will be flooded in another 3 weeks, by then 2nd hand market should go down according to the theory

I was (and still am) of the same opinion from the time I heard the details of the reduction. But apparently there are a number of market experts (I mean these are high educated people, specially in economics and market behaviour) in this forum who think the 2nd hand market will come down only by 10-15%. So I have let the "experts" continue and I backed off since my guess was 30-40% (where my guess seemed to be of absolutely minority view) with the agreement of reopening the thread after 3 months to check where we actually stand. Well for some "experts" a sudden increase in supply (and a 50% tax reduction) doesnt push the 2nd hand vehicle prices down (if at all only 10-15%). So I am keeping quiet and waiting for three months to learn this new theory. :mellow:

Edited by L board

I was (and still am) of the same opinion from the time I heard the details of the reduction. But apparently there are a number of market experts (I mean these are high educated people, specially in economics and market behaviour) in this forum who think the 2nd hand market will come down only by 10-15%. So I have let the "experts" continue and I backed off since my guess was 30-40% (where my guess seemed to be of absolutely minority view) with the agreement of rewait opening the thread after 3 months to check where we actually stand. Well for some "experts" a sudden increase in supply (and a 50% tax reduction) doesnt push the 2nd hand vehicle prices down (if at all only 10-15%). So I am keeping quiet and waiting for three months to learn this new theory. :mellow:

B)

Maybe 3 weeks should do instead??? lol

imo most are still over priced...the new cars should reach colombo and the car-sales for the real crash to happen..

Edited by VWvortex

i think if you try to go after a popular nameplate like corolla and allion then you might not be able to get the best benefit out of this tax reduction. best bet is to go for a non main stream car. i am surprised why not many people haven/t considered bringing down cars from Europe, especially those turbo charged small engined but very powerful cars.

Got this from R*D Trading

TOYOTA VITZ KSP90 -990cc

YEAR 2007

22,50,000/= Rs.

SUZUKI SWIFT ZC11S,ZC71S - 1300cc

YEAR 2007

23,00,000/= Rs.

SUZUKI ALTO - 660cc

YEAR 2007

22,25,000/= Rs.

HONDA FIT - 1300cc

YEAR 2007

22,00,000/= Rs.

TOYOTA ALLION NZE260 - 1500cc

YEAR 2007

48,50,000/= Rs.

TOYOTA ALLION NZE240 - 1500cc

YEAR 2007

43,00,000/= Rs.

are these vehicles registered or unregistered??