• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

OT; Yesterday they issued permits for the new parliamentary MPs. They can get vehicles worth USD 50,000, but not fully duty free. PAL, RIDL & NBT included as duty. Funny thing is some MP's have been quoting 10mil + for a permit, do the calculations and it seems its not worth it as you can get a petrol for that price. I'm hoping some folks will get down some exotics for this :rolleyes:

OT; Yesterday they issued permits for the new parliamentary MPs. They can get vehicles worth USD 50,000, but not fully duty free. PAL, RIDL & NBT included as duty. Funny thing is some MP's have been quoting 10mil + for a permit, do the calculations and it seems its not worth it as you can get a petrol for that price. I'm hoping some folks will get down some exotics for this :rolleyes:

Yeah, We should tolerate this kind of open and "transparent" hoaxes, which was approved by the supreme policy making body of the country, with people's mandate (Virtual) because corruption is a global phenomenon, though it is supposed to be done in secrecy.

Oh Oh I am not supposed to comment on these. My apologies folks!

Edited by kaushama

after much finding i think i found the best deal out there. 2007 mazda axela (grade 4.0) for only 2.9 mil. funny though how wheels lanka quoted 4.5 million for the same car (2007 pre-facelift model)

Only caveat is the market perception. But Mazda is a wonderfully reliable car. Unfortunately only Toyotas will gain value in secondhand market. 121 is a good example. We sold a 121 about four years ago for 2.8 mil. Recent market value was 3.5+.

I think people here can do a wonderful job to change the market perceptions. Perhaps a review section by experts and users? I know there is an automobile Mag, which does some work.

Toyota Axio 141 from where or who is importing and where can i buy for around 3.5 mill?

Its not a very rare car, so aqlmost any jap-car-importer should be able to get you one.... as for your price, i guess the best bet is to go around some car-sales and do a survey. You should be able to find plenty!

Toyota Axio 141 from where or who is importing and where can i buy for around 3.5 mill?

the guy who advertised says that the mentioned duty price may vary,so its better to call that person and get checked with the price, ill send his number through a personal messega

Edited by JAFF

Good Deal 141 for 3.5, well Jaff can I know where is this place send me a PM plz if u dont mind :)

Thanks

Good Deal 141 for 3.5, well Jaff can I know where is this place send me a PM plz if u dont mind :)

Thanks

sure mate, but dont blame me if the seller says a higher price than this because he has mentioned that the CUSTOMS CHARGES may vary <_<

Edited by JAFF

Now guys I need you opinion. What is the best deal, if we are going to buy a B/N car under this new tax for 2.0 to 2.5 Mil range?

i think the only option available for you is the INDIAN suzuki swift but you have to wait in the waiting list until NOVEMBER :jumping-smiley-013:

both the old price and the new one makes me laugh over the top :lol: if this is the way the 2nd hand market is reacting then i'd say no thank you, please don't quote the old price to me.

you mean 2nd hand market is quoting old and new price!!!! :violent-smiley-099:

both the old price and the new one makes me laugh over the top :lol: if this is the way the 2nd hand market is reacting then i'd say no thank you, please don't quote the old price to me.

Would a person who bought a car (eg. Honda Civic) for 19.5 lks last year be willing to yield to the new car prices and sell for less than he bought for? Would you? No seller wants to lose out mate. I wanted to sell my D/Cab a month ago... but now I decided to keep her and not get on the bandwagon and sell at a loss for the sake of it.