• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

Would a person who bought a car (eg. Honda Civic) for 19.5 lks last year be willing to yield to the new car prices and sell for less than he bought for? Would you? No seller wants to lose out mate. I wanted to sell my D/Cab a month ago... but now I decided to keep her and not get on the bandwagon and sell at a loss for the sake of it.

what type of civic ek3 or es1 ? I sold my EK3 vti (98/99) for 15/50 in 2008.

Best to just ignore the used car market altogether, if you can afford to wait. A 1996 Civic registered in 2000 is still quoting 1.3mil, which is still ridiculous for a 15 year old car IMO. There's no excuses about making a loss there, as it would have been worth far less in 2000 in real terms. While we can hope people won't encourage this kind of thing by impulse buying, there are probably still folks who will buy at the quoted price, keeping the prices from coming down.

Would a person who bought a car (eg. Honda Civic) for 19.5 lks last year be willing to yield to the new car prices and sell for less than he bought for? Would you? No seller wants to lose out mate. I wanted to sell my D/Cab a month ago... but now I decided to keep her and not get on the bandwagon and sell at a loss for the sake of it.

what is this civic you are talking about? i had made my comment about a particular nissan cefiro advertisement specifically quoted in my post. the price currently demanded by the seller and price he claims to be that of the old tax regime are equally unrealistically high for that particular car and thus my laughter at it and the whole concept behind it. i must make it clear that i did not laugh at a civic or your cab's price.

i personally am of the opinion that those vehicles very near or above the 2 million range will have to come to terms with the new tax regime if they want to have a realistic chance of selling the car (unless they manage to find buyers with horns attached to their heads). the price that the current owner paid is none of the new byers problems.

i'd tell you a personal story that i know first hand. my friend would not sell his bro's civic RS for less than 2.5 million just b4 the tax dip but now the same friend is more than happy to worship a buyer who'd buy the same car for even 2.2 million.

These unrealistic prices may be given simply because these sellers not serious about selling. Even I will not sell my car less than 1.4 still as I really don't have any intention of selling it. But I still can put up an adv quoting 1.5 or some thing and just wait. If some body so badly wanted to get my car then come and buy it simple as that.

what is this civic you are talking about? i had made my comment about a particular nissan cefiro advertisement specifically quoted in my post. the price currently demanded by the seller and price he claims to be that of the old tax regime are equally unrealistically high for that particular car and thus my laughter at it and the whole concept behind it. i must make it clear that i did not laugh at a civic or your cab's price.

i personally am of the opinion that those vehicles very near or above the 2 million range will have to come to terms with the new tax regime if they want to have a realistic chance of selling the car (unless they manage to find buyers with horns attached to their heads). the price that the current owner paid is none of the new byers problems.

i'd tell you a personal story that i know first hand. my friend would not sell his bro's civic RS for less than 2.5 million just b4 the tax dip but now the same friend is more than happy to worship a buyer who'd buy the same car for even 2.2 million.

I am just giving an example of the prices... didn't know that I hit a raw nerve somewhere... Ok,,, lets say a 121 for arguments sake... sigh!

I am just giving an example of the prices... didn't know that I hit a raw nerve somewhere... Ok,,, lets say a 121 for arguments sake... sigh!

no you did not hit a raw nerve. you had quoted my post and thus my explanation on that.

exactly! folks who have bought cars at a premium will not drop prices just like that...

who would want to take such a massive hit financially?

cars would depreciate a lot more now but that will not happen this soon...Especially if there is no competition from newer imports under low tax rate for certain price brackets...

say...most folks on this thread if not all have cars in their possession right?

It would be nice to see if the need does arise, who's willing to sell what going on "new" taxes and suffer a big loss :P

It would be nice to see if the need does arise, who's willing to sell what going on "new" taxes and suffer a big loss :P

yeah.... let's see how much we all are willing to reduce...

personally.. if i had a car now... i wont be selling it :)

yeah.... let's see how much we all are willing to reduce...

personally.. if i had a car now... i wont be selling it :)

i'd bet the "dreamers" are here in numbers.... let's see who will prove me wrong!

I have an AE100 sprinter and i wont be selling it anytime soon...

and if do...i wont be having a new price...old price...

I have my price and if anybody like to buy it...so be it....if not...they can bloody well go and find another car for that budget with "new price"

Just 1 week b'fore the tax reduction announced a guy asked my 1996 Mazda BG3P for 9k. Dan I missed the opportunity. I hope the offer is still available. Bt I didn't call the guy.