• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

i'd bet the "dreamers" are here in numbers.... let's see who will prove me wrong!

I have an AE100 sprinter and i wont be selling it anytime soon...

and if do...i wont be having a new price...old price...

I have my price and if anybody like to buy it...so be it....if not...they can bloody well go and find another car for that budget with "new price"

Hi mate, what happens if no noe is willing to buy it for Ur price. What R U going to do?

Use it it mix concrete ? :angry-smiley-048:

Hi mate, what happens if no noe is willing to buy it for Ur price. What R U going to do?

Well I guess he will still has his car and the buyer can go buy another car, since many people are out there who are willing to sell at the 'new' price... :)

Using a car to mix concrete is a bit retarded, machang. Even thinking of using one for such a purpose is very retarded. Dontcha think??

that's my choice isn't it???? :angry-smiley-048:

so you must be one of those smart guys who will now sell your car for "new price" eh...

and yet to hope the old offer is still that...

forget about concrete...Hypocrite would suit best!

so you must be one of those smart guys who will now sell your car for "new price" eh...

Chill out mate. Just joking. Even I didn't sell mine for a lower price. Hope U didn't took it seriously.

Sorry :unsure:

Chill out mate. Just joking. Even I didn't sell mine for a lower price. Hope U didn't took it seriously.

Sorry :unsure:

Excused.

Accept the fact that no one who has used his/her hard earned money to buy a car during the last few years when the car prices went sky high would be willing to sell at a loss.

Asking for high prices is a natural reaction.

Those who will knock it down are those who are desperate or willing to lose out.

Hi

What is the TAX structure for Hybrid cars in Sri Lanka?

I could only find TAX structures for Petrol and Diesel vehicles?

And what is the maximum age of a car which can be imported? 2 1/2 or 3 years?

Thanks

Edited by Sri-Lak

Imagine if somebody really wants to sell his vehicle due to urgent need of money (eg. Migrate). If nobody is willing to buy at the value he quotes?

Imagine if somebody really wants to sell his vehicle due to urgent need of money (eg. Migrate). If nobody is willing to buy at the value he quotes?

if somebody really want to sell as you say...he really cant be bargaining now can he?

in my case....i'd rather use the car as a second can than sell it at significant loss...

say after so many years....even if i sell it dirt cheap...at least you wont feel as bad...

and the other thing is that if second hand sellers doesn't want to take the price down...in absence of newer imports being able to compete in that bracket.....used car prices wont go down that much!

This may be out of topic but if I have some money I wouldn't going after selling current one and buying a new one, rather I would keep what I have currently and invest the excess money for something like land or a estate.

Think abt it guys, the interest rates are low compared to previous rates and for me I think the best investment is to buy a land or an estate which will have higher appreciation value compared to vehicles and also yields an income too. :angry-smiley-048:

Guys can you please stop dissing peoples adverts on the forum? The ad revenue is what allows this site to run, and no one wants to advertise in a place where people are pointing them out and mocking them. Trading is a market process, the trade happens when, both parties, buyer AND seller agree on a price, but in the meantime, the quote can be anything.

Also, ppl don't sell their cars coz they have suddenly stopped working. If no one is buying your car at the price you wanna sell, you can keep using your car. Unless you need to get rid of it coz your migrating or something, you can still keep it and run it. In the second hand market, the buyer can quote taxes, market price, his opinion, anything he wants until he is blue in the face, but if the seller doesn't want to give at that price, then the buyer aint getting that car. Its really bloody simple.

So again, stop dissing the adverts. By all means, discuss what you think the prices should be for certain models, but stop dissing selected adverts.

I was searching on possibilities of importing by our own and was going through some internet sites and found a site.

According to them prices are really cheap. but the trust worthiness is not clear.

Has anyone seen such sites or know about them.

If we can import ourselves, it will be really beneficial.

Dear Forum moderators- can I post the URL of that site here?

Edited by nadunr

if somebody really want to sell as you say...he really cant be bargaining now can he?

in my case....i'd rather use the car as a second can than sell it at significant loss...

say after so many years....even if i sell it dirt cheap...at least you wont feel as bad...

and the other thing is that if second hand sellers doesn't want to take the price down...in absence of newer imports being able to compete in that bracket.....used car prices wont go down that much!

Yes and why on earth second hand seller bring the price down if there is no competing newer vehicles not coming to his price bracket and he find it difficult to sell the car. He has the option to keep the same price and wait if someone takes it.. if you are desperate to get rid of the car you can then lower the price and sell it quickly.

Edited by MkX

man i feel like i am filling a form :rolleyes:

s

my friend is selling his bro's Civic RS for 2.2 million. HR plate, 140k on the clock, 2000YOM, with DVD player. his advertisement was on AL couple of weeks ago or so. find the advert from the classifieds section.

Guys,

There was an ad in one of the Automobile websites about a YARIS/BELTA. The car has not imported yet. The seller mentioned price is reduced under new tax.

I contacted him, he is not a car dealer but an individual who is doing some other job. But with help of some friends in Japan he is importing cars because of the tax reduction.

He said he can give the 1000cc car for 3 Mil and it was 4.4Mil previously !!!!

He further said car sales selling this at 3.3Mil or more....

:huh:

I didnt want to talk further with him....

its been a long time since i wrote in the forum. just wanted to share my knowledge. :alc:

i also sold my car a few days back. after the tax reduction. i advertised it on AL but i put the old price. i got so many calls tellin me that the new price was this and they could buy an unreg for less than the amount they quote. i stood by my price. i told them if that was the case u can go buy the unreg and im sellin my car at the price i want. i did reduce the price from the stated but not a significant amount. finally i got an offer for something close to what i quoted and i sold it. i used it for 4 years imported it my self back in 2006. and to state the fact, i did make something out of it, cuz i sold it a wee bit more than my initial cost when i imported it. so actually thinking about it, i didnt make thumping profits on the car, i could have if i sold it before the tax reduction but i still managed to cover my cost.

and for all those ppl who are asking about how much its gonna cost when ur importing a car, its simple. your cost plus the tax plus the added tax for extra options. if you want to know what the extra options are check below.

Customs extra options list

the tax is calculated by gettin the agent value and depreciating it for how long its used (year of manufacture as long as i know, plus if its 0-6months old then no depreciation) multiply by the tax value.

for those who ask about car prices on sites. there are enough and more sites in the net where you can find used car dealers in japan. the price they quote to u is the fob price. you still have more cost to bare even if u endup buyin it cuz there is handling charges, cancellation of registration in japan, freight, etc. so dont be fooled by the price they quote in the sites. i wouldnt recommend to just order one by looking at a picture.

if you want to import a vehicle personally, you will probably have a few advantages and disadvantages. advantages are you could get a vehicle for the actual cif value + tax. the agent commission or the other other added values what the carsales guys add will not be included. disadvantage is that you need to go through the hassle of doing everything by your self. unless you have some kind of contact in japan or where ever your gettin the vehicle to overlook at things there.

some of you may already know the stuff i mentioned. just thought i share what i know. oh and since the tax has been reduced im back on track working towards achieving my goal. i guess some of the old members know what im talking about looking at my track record of vehicles. :P

and for all those ppl who are asking about how much its gonna cost when ur importing a car, its simple. your cost plus the tax plus the added tax for extra options. if you want to know what the extra options are check below.

Customs extra options list

Do you know how much is charged for each extra option?

And do you know if hybrid is an option or a seperate category? Or does it come under Petrol? Or electric?

Guys,

There was an ad in one of the Automobile websites about a YARIS/BELTA. The car has not imported yet. The seller mentioned price is reduced under new tax.

I contacted him, he is not a car dealer but an individual who is doing some other job. But with help of some friends in Japan he is importing cars because of the tax reduction.

He said he can give the 1000cc car for 3 Mil and it was 4.4Mil previously !!!!

He further said car sales selling this at 3.3Mil or more....

:huh:

I didnt want to talk further with him....

i think i saw only 2.2 mil quoted for 1.0 L belta!!!